05. When Your Character is a Difficult Person

Y/n isn't an expressive person.

As you get to know this female who was expressionless and bored on the outside, only will you realize that she's more dramatic more than meets the eye.

And for Hange who has known her for six years, she's got the grasp of Y/n's demeanor.

Although she didn't know how over exaggerating her dramatic thoughts are, she knew when she feels worried. But since the best friend is currently unavailable, nobody can tell the difference.

Y/n sat seriously inside a carriage facing the last person she ever wanted to see after all she and the young body of hers went through.

An old man sat across her with a serious gaze. Cane in front of him that Y/n felt shivers just by looking at because that was one of the medium that was used to hit her back then.

Her arms and legs crossed, she looked back at him. Since she has a standing in the military now, they wouldn't try and hurt her again, right?

"So this is where you ran off, you damn rat." The old man's gaze became sharper.

Y/n frowned. "I left because I couldn't stand your family." She responded.

The old man clicked his tongue. "You think you got away just because nobody was chasing you? You're a delusional wench." He said coldly. "I can even take you back to the darn mansion here and now. No one will complain. Not even your superiors."

Y/n remained glaring.

"You think I'm joking? Well suit yourself if you want to see how powerless you are."

"Enough. What do you want, grandpa?" She asked seriously.

"I heard you were promoted as second in command." He said. "I already have some workers planted in. And you, will lead them and steal a certain sealed document from Commander Erwin." He explained.

Y/n's head quickly looked back up to see the bastard's face. "The new comers from the underground?" She hummed.

This was the asshole who brought Isabel and Farlan to their demise?! This bitch?!

"I see you've got a clue." He smirked. "Help them and I'll leave you alone. If not, I'll drag you back to Sina myself and sell you off as a concubine. Maybe the king will be interested in you."

"You think I'll let you? Over my dead body." She responded coldly.

"Remember Y/n. You hold our last name and I'm not afraid to drag you down with us. We're family after all." He smirked.

Hearing that. Y/n felt shivers down her spine. She clenched her hidden fist as she glared up at the man. "I see. I'll go now then." She opened the carriage door and slammed it close as soon as she got out.

Anger was raising up in her system. It was turning triple as her head was about to explode.

She was even excited today because the introduction of the trio is going to be announced soon. But that sorry excuse of a grandfather just came to ruin her day!