32. unintentionally Publicizing Relationship

Meetings had been coming more frequently in the headquarters lately.

It was all due to the mysterious appearance of the female titan in the 57th expedition. There were many things that everyone needed to conclude and one of it was whether she is an enemy or foe.

She killed no one that day after all.

But in other's eyes, she's still a threat. If you think about it, it was also the female titan's ability that lured the titans inside Wall Maria the moment it was breached, giving no time for others to take any preparation to stop the titans when they entered the broken gate.

Y/n sat with them in the office, drinking her tea while discussion were still undergoing the opinion. She hadn't said a word and tried to hear Erwin's side of the coin. It's no doubt that Eren is still the female titan's target that time so everyone couldn't help but be vigilant.

As she listened, her eyes were only set on the color of the bitter tea.

"Y/n." The commander called out calmly.

The girl looked up and noticed the gazes of others being focused on her.

"I know that you know this person." He stated forwardly.

"I do know." She admitted.

"Why didn't you say anything about it?" Isabel asked surprised.

"Well, this is biased of me but if being honest, some enemies needs to be put in perspective to truly understand the reason of doing the crime." She said. "Although, I know it's a sin unforgivable..." But now, Annie had killed no one so Y/n feels like she was salvageable.

"So, you don't want her to be caught?" Erwin asked.

"It's not that I didn't want her to be caught. I just want her on my side. After all, strong allies should be collected, not locked up." She replied.

"Oh, have you met her?"

"Why of course. I have. Even before the expedition started."

Levi glared even more intense now. Y/n noticed but simply looked somewhere else as if she didn't know.

"I'm quite fond of that child." She explained. "My fondness of hers exceeds the fondness I feel for... Uh..." She decided not to continue and just told Erwin to proceed with the meeting.

The older raven watched her with the eyes that wanted to say a lot. By a lot, Y/n can tell that it won't just be a minute or two. She could only light up her own candle as she prepared for the incoming storm after this meeting.

Briefing them of the plan of Capture or Persuasion towards the intended target: Annie, the meeting was finally put to a close.

Upon Erwin's announcement, Y/n jumped off her chair and ran for her life.

Levi, uncharacteristically ran after her leaving a short wisp of breeze in the air. The others looked at the empty open door in confusion almost in entanglement if the continuous bickering between the captain and the saintess has become much worse than before.

"Perhaps, have they decided to kill each other now?" Farlan asked Erwin.

Hange has a silly smile on, pretending to have known nothing no matter how much her personality wanted to spill the tea so bad.

Erwin cleared his throat. "Just let them be. They'll reconcile at the end of the day anyway." He responded.

Isabel nodded from Erwin's statement. But still had little doubts. Since Levi squad had long left, only leaving her, Farlan, Hange, Erwin and Mike at the scene, she finally decided to ask. "Does Aniki hate Y/n that much?"

Everyone looked at her. "Of course not." Hange replied. "You know him well to know that, you know."

"I mean I can tell that Aniki doesn't really hate her to the point of killing. But those two had been acting really odd since Y/n woke up. I'm worried that their argument will become irreconcilable." She said.

"So those two... Really didn't say anything?" Erwin sighed.

"Say what?" Farlan asked.

Erwin placed a hand on his chin trying to think of a way to break it to them. After all, Farlan and Isabel are Levi's family, Mike was his trusted subordinate. It's better to say it earlier than later.

But it looked like he didn't have to worry much about that...

Because Hange broke his long awaited preparation to reveal the truth. "Levi and Y/n are together." She said.

At first, Isabel, Farlan and Mike looked a bit passive as if hearing a normal news with an 'ahhh....' sound.

But the moment the words sunk in with the greatest hammer slammed and drilled to the nails in their brains. Eyes wide and in disbelief, the three exclaimed in unison.

"What?! What did you say?! I'm dreaming right?!" Isabel slapped herself. Sure enough, it's real.

"I bet you it's real!" Hange replied with excitement. "Oh, if you only know how much I'm dying to tell you about it." She said.

"Oh my god! All this time!" Isabel exclaimed back.

"Right?! Right?!"

"I can't believe it..." Farlan held his heart that almost dropped when he finally heard the truth. "I never thought those two could even live together in harmony, much more becoming lovers." He said, but for some reason, he felt elated after hearing such fact.

They thought that Levi will grow old alone. But who would have thought that there'll come a day that he will experience romance... And to the least possible candidate they never have thought would be someone he'll like.

It's incredible.

Y/n and Levi were two words like fire and ice. They repel each other whenever they speak and there's not a day they didn't argue about ideas no matter how nonsense it is. Although it hadn't really reached past the point of beating each other up, the thought that it could be a lover's quarrel never crossed their mind.

"Oh my god! Oh my gawd!" Isabel was really at a loss for word.

What else should she say anyway? Just knowing the fact that her aniki has caught the loveliest lady in the world is extraordinarily rendering her speechless.

It was like the romance book she came across one time. A knightly soldier and the lovely noble lady whom had gone through thick and thin.

Now thinking about it. His aniki always and without a miss, had visited Y/n's slumbering body inside the church every month. He quietly stood in front of her grave like appearance, as if praying to a real life goddess.

He waited for her awakening despite the slim chance of her ever waking up again. Didn't this mean that Levi had always been in love with her and had hoped that she open her eyes again, right?

After remembering all of this, Isabel covered her lips with both hand.

Why didn't she find this romantic couple so obvious?! Why did she think that the reason why Levi only ever visited the saintess was because of gratitude for saving their lives?

How could her female heart be so dumb about these facts?

"You got to tell us everything now!" She shouted in excitement.

Hange grinned, and without fail she opened her mouth to recount the moment she discovered the truth.

The hot water in the cup was replaced four times for the witnesses to speak up as the relationship they didn't know existed was slowly coming to light.

From the typical argument into a lover's quarrel. From a typical outing for cleaning products to an out of town date. To a simple skinship to an intimate touch.

Just how much perception could truly change with just one word such as 'lovers'.

.

//Author still dying insideeeee 🙃🙂🙃🙂