07. Too Touchy. I'm Gunna Die!

Erwin and Y/n were quiet for a while as they looked at each other. The paper in the blonde commander's hand almost crumpled but the girl paid no mind and simply waited for her orders.

"At times like these is why you should apply your combat skills." Erwin calmly said as he focused on the patch on her cheek and the cut on her lip.

"It will be convinient if they think that I cannot touch them because of familial bond." The girl responded as she couldn't care less about the scar she might receive.

Erwin sighed. "Learn to dodge at least."

"Of course. I'll dodge if they try to kill me." She responded confidently.

Erwin couldn't do anything with her stubbornness anymore. Dismissing her later after her report about the Callenreese nobles who are plotting against him.

Y/n became an automatic spy after her grandfather called out to her for a treacherous job. So she reported what she heard as soon as she came back. Erwin approved of her spying but did not expect that her family are going to hurt her for this.

If he knew, he should have forbid her for selflessly accepting a hit.

.

.

.

Y/n woke up the next morning feeling warm.

Warm and heavy at least. But she was used to it as she turned to Hange drooling all over her pillow beside her... which is going to be another laundry worth.

Sitting up to her bed, she tip toes out of her bunk and had herself wore some simple sport's bra and flexible pants before going out to the field. 

She did a short stretch before running into the oval for a few laps before the sun rises. Early before the sun rises is the best time to exercise since there isn't much soldiers coming out. It makes her feel like she owned the place for a short while before the early birds follow.

After that refreshing run, Y/n decided to sit to her usual space in the grass to space out.

It always dawned into her how homesick she felt when she touched the grass. Well, aside from missing her gadgets, she actually missed staying alive in a 'normal' way where she could attend her university days and hanging out to some cosplay convention wearing her usual clothes.

She missed those things that it felt like they were just a dream than her reality eversince she woke up in this world... in this body.

"This is stupid..." she muttered.

Her chest was clenching again, feeling the pain of not being able to see her real parents or siblings or cousins. She wanted to add mentos to her friend's coke again and make her so mad she'll chase her with an umbrella in hand.

All the things she could do back to her world...

How did she even get here in the first place? Truck-kun can't even be the culprit considering that she lived on the upper floors of their apartment.

Sleep-kun? Heartache-kun? Binge-kun? Karma-kun? What?

Six years later, she still didn't get the answer that she needs.