♡ Dragon Maid ♡

╔═══════════════╗
Genre: Fluff
Side Ships: Saiouma//Oumasai
Word Count (excluding the POV changes, author's notes, and time skips): 1,202
╚═══════════════╝

- I'm not sure if I made it clear in the story, but everyone has a role they're playing:

Kobayashi = Hajime Hinata
Tohru = Nagito Komaeda
Kanna Kamui = Kokichi Ouma
Riko Saikawa = Shuichi Saihara
Lucoa =  Akane Owari
Elma = Chiaki Nanami

- Spoilers for (basically all of) season one of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid ahead, proceed with caution!

(Also everyone's pretty OOC to fit the AU)

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Hinata's POV

"Hinata-kun, Hinata-kun!!

"What is it Nagito?"

"I'm the best maid, aren't I?"

"Far from it... anything else you need?"

Nagito gasps dramatically. I mean, I don't have much experience with maids but I'm pretty sure that most maids aren't dragons from other worlds.

About 7 months ago, I came across a hurt creature in the woods. That creature was very... out of place, to say the least, but I didn't give a shit because at the time I was drunk.

I treated the dragon's wounds and offered him a place to stay. In exchange, he offered to become my personal maid, and I somehow ended up agreeing to those terms.

My boring, ordinary life was turned around completely when I brought Nagito into my home. Weeks after his arrival, his little brother, Kokichi Ouma, came searching for him, almost blowing up my house in the process. Kokichi wanted to bring Nagito back to their world, though Nagito protested. Eventually we came to an agreement and Kokichi is now staying with us too! He attends primary school (where I've heard he's quite popular), and has made a good friend named Shuichi Saihara. He visits a lot and the two are practically inseparable.

We've had a lot of other encounters, such as meeting an "ex-goddess" who goes by the name of Akane, and getting into several fights with a rival of Nagito's: Chiaki Nanami. I find her really sweet, I don't get why she and Nagito don't get along well.

And that brings us to now.

I sip my coffee as I watch Kokichi and Shuichi play board games on the carpet. Akane is in the kitchen, as usual. She doesn't live here, but she often comes over just to rummage through our fridge. I don't mind at all, though.

Nanami and Nagito are bickering next to me. Nanami is trying to persuade the maid to join the Future Faction since he enjoys the thought of hope so much, but Nagito argues that he can create greater hope from despair. I really can't follow their conversations at all...

"Well what happens if there's so much despair that we run out of room for hope?" Nanami asks matter-of-factly.

"That won't happen as long as I have Hinata-kun! He's the greatest hope there is! I love him!" Nagito exclaims, hugging my arm.

"But Nagito, Hinata-kun is... well... human," the mauve-haired dragon slowly points out.

"Yes, is there something wrong with that?"

"Ah... it's nothing."

Even though she didn't finish her sentence, I could tell what she was going to say.