36. Bedroom Talk

[Jace's POV]

It was all like a dream come true, whether or not I was relishing in the moment right was questionable.

Zach just felt so right in my arms, it felt so right as he stroked my hair and it felt so right with his hands intwined with mine.

I wanted to stay like this forever, I really did but I had to get downstairs to my drunk father and make sure he eats and goes to sleep. Mum still wasn't home, usually she wouldn't be away for this long but there was some extra work for her to do in Scotland but she will be home when I come back from school on Monday.

After Zach and I made up, he wanted to come over mine to check on my father, I knew he wasn't the kind of person to just leave me to deal with him myself. Zach was like that, he wasn't a dick. He could be, I guess, but that's only rarely. I could be too, in fact, I was feeling like one.

We were laying in my bed, cozied up under the duvet covers. He kept telling me about how much he missed me and how bad he felt after I ran away like a wimp. As much as I'd like to admit, I didn't feel really bad for running away. At that moment, it was the only thing I could think of doing. I didn't want to stay there and hear him throwing the word 'love' around.

"-so, I didn't leave the bed after you ran away from the school's field unless I had to go to school and I was so depressed and I felt like shit for hurting your wrist. Still do."

"Will you stop babbling about that?" I asked as I caressed his cheek, "I told you that it's fine."

"I'm not convinced, honestly, Jace, I'm not like some secret abuser or anything."

"I know you're not. You're an angel." I smiled down at him and caressed his face more, feeling the light stubble.

A few moments passed and I sat up, taking my contact lenses out and throwing them in the bin near me. Contact lenses always made me feel tired but sometimes, glasses just feel heavy on you. I've always worn lenses but since Zach likes my glasses, I'm going to go back to wearing them at school.

I lay back down the bed, finally comfortable and with my eyes slightly blurry, I moved closer to Zach and brought my leg over his thigh and my arm around his waist.

"Jace?" I opened one eye and saw Zach look up at me and almost resemble a cute puppy.

"Mmm...?" I said groggily.

"If I gave you my bracelet again, would you accept it?"

I took a sharp intake of breath and finally opened both eyes, my hand instinctively rubbed up and down his side, across his shoulder and to his jawline, caressing it and feeling the light stubble.

I liked feeling his stubble, in some way, it made me jealous. I had always been a baby face, I would grow the smallest amount of hair in three months or so. I didn't like keeping it either, it didn't suit me that much.

"Jace?" Zach asked and I snapped out of my reverie about facial hair.

"I don't know, Zach." I sighed, leaning down and kissing his temple.

Zach turned on his back and crossed his arms around his chest, glaring up at the ceiling.

"Oh come on, don't be like that." I combed a hand through my hair.

Sure, I was being an absolute cock and limiting him from doing stuff and I was being a bitch about not accepting the bracelet but can you blame me? I was scared. I was just a scared little boy really, always had been.

I could only wonder if Zach was really as committal as he said he was. Reputations last, and Zach's 'womaniser' reputation wasn't definitely not helping me make my mine up.