9. The Morning After

I promised you cheese, and here it is. Cheesy chapters.. Nom nom nom. ;)

------------------

[Jace's POV]

I woke up to the sound of tweeting birds and the smell of freshly made crepes with sugar and-

Kidding.

But I wish I did. I would kill to eat a crepe right now. What actually woke me up was something heavy on my chest and the blinding light coming through the curtains. I looked down and saw a head on my chest, I remembered that Zach slept over last night for reasons unknown.

I didn't know how to react, how should I react? It didn't help that I felt something poking at my thigh. I knew exactly what it was and I knew it couldn't be helped. It's a guy thing and I couldn't blame Zach, it's happened to me millions of times.

But it's still disturbing that I could feel it.

I didn't know whether to shove him off or not, I don't want to wake him up and to be honest, he was warm so it wasn't all that bad.

After a few moments, I tried to untangle our legs and he stirred in his sleep. I managed to untangle them eventually but after a lot of carefulness.

Zach came up even higher up my chest and his hair tickled my chin. I liked his hair, it was the perfect proportion of thick and thin. Thick hair, like mine, takes ages to look after and thin hair just makes your head look big. Zach was practically on top of me and his arms were across my body tightly as if I was just a huge teddy bear to him.

He like to cuddle!

I don't know if he'd be embarrassed if I knew his little... Tendency.

Let me just clear up that Zach Hamilton was laying on my chest as if we were some kind of couple. He was also cuddling me and I didn't even offer. He can't just cuddle me without permission!

But it's Zach. Everybody loves Zach and any girl would kill to replace my position.

Maybe I should just embrace this moment...

Nah.

I grabbed one of his pillows and lifted up his head gingerly, as if it was a priceless antique ornament, and placed the pillow beneath him and slid out of my bed. He stirred a little more and I was worried he'd wake up. I went to brush my teeth in the bathroom and when I came back to my room, Zach was slept diagonally on my bed, taking up all the space.

God, he likes to hog the bed doesn't he?

Actually, it's pretty much what I do as well, I guess we both like to embrace all the space.

One hand was behind his head and the other was above the duvet to keep it in place. His lips were parted and his head was on the very edge of the pillow so that he was just sleeping on the actual mattress. I took one last glance before I went downstairs, the wooden floor creaking beneath my weight. I made my way to the kitchen groggily and got myself a bowl and spoon and some cereal.

I was nearly finishing my cereal when Zach came downstairs rubbing his eyes, he sat down next to me and slammed his head down on the table.

"Cereal?" I asked.

He just nodded in return as I grabbed a bowl for him and took the milk out the fridge. He lifted his head, silently thanked me and started pouring the cereal. I wondered if he realised that he was cuddled up to me when he slept. I had a theory where he usually slept with a teddy bear but I was an alternative because he didn't have it with him.

It's a stupid theory.

I didn't know whether I liked it or not. It wasn't as if we were intimate or anything and I know he's straight because he's had way too many girlfriends in the past. He's probably an expert in pleasuring a girl.