Chapter 33

Jareds POV

"She was supposed to meet me in the parking lot after school but she was a no show," I angrily muttered to Asher as we had dinner at my place.

Asher popped a shrimp into his mouth as he listened.

"Did you really think Julia would listen to you?" Asher commented, taking a sip from his water. "I mean, she's like the most stubborn girl I've met in my life. I can't imagine her listening to anything you have to say to her. "

I frowned at his response and released a heavy sigh. "I don't even know what to do anymore. I'm already stressed out with the company. I can't handle her at the same time Asher."

Asher shook his head and chuckled. "Jared, you're doing this all wrong. Stop ordering her around. Stop trying to make her listen to you."

"What?" I blurted in confusion. 

He chuckled and edged closer to me so we were eye to eye. "Make her want you. Usually, with girls like Julia, you need to play your cards right. Become distant from her. Don't even talk to her unless she initiates the conversation. Trust me! The farther you are from her, the more she'll come to her senses and come to you."

Bullshit.

Julia would enjoy that more than anything.

I rolled my eyes and went back to eating my pasta. "You don't know her. Your plan would never work."

He huffed in annoyance and gave me a questioning look. "You don't know her either. How would you know?"

"I don't need to know her on a personal level. We both want nothing to do with each other."

"Then why are you trying so hard to talk to her?" he asked bemused.

Why was I trying?

I don't even know the answer.

I shook my head and changed the conversation. 

"Did you see that your fathers company increased their investment options yesterday?"

Asher frowned and raised his brow. "Why are you suddenly changing the topic?"

"I'm not-" I started but he cut me off.

"Yes you are. Wait a second! I think I know now!"

I frustratingly dropped my fork and faced him with a serious expression.

"I was just mentioning that this would be a good opportunity for you to-"

"You like her!" he shouted, standing up from his seat while pointing his finger at me.

His statement had me at a loss for words.

He smirked and sat back down.

"Jared Cunning fell for the cold-hearted Julia Hart. I can't believe this!" he exclaimed with a smile.

"What the hell are you on about?!" I exclaimed, glaring at him. "I don't like her."

He shook his head and muttered something to himself. "You don't even realize it yourself. I get it Jared. Don't worry, I won't tell the others but I do expect a story about how this all happened," he stated excitingly.

I rubbed my temple and glared at him. "I don't know what nonsense you have instilled in your head but I just want to make things clear right now before you go running your mouth."

He nodded his head but didn't look that interested in what I had to say.

"I don't like her. At all. She's the most annoying person I've met in my life. I don't want to spend any unnecessary time with her. The reason I want to talk to her so urgently is because she might know something about Harry. And every time I want to speak to her, she ignores me and plays the 'Jared doesn't exist card' and it is so freaking irritating. That's the only reason so don't go assuming stupid things."