Chapter 41

It's officially one week till the wedding. After the whole beach confession, my head hasn't been in the right place. 

This whole last week has been torture for me.

Every morning, I've been waking up with thoughts of staying and actually marrying Jared.

Maybe I'll actually be happy with him. 

Then some days I hate everything about the situation. 

I don't want to marry him. I want to be free and do what I want.

Ugh, I'm so lost that I don't even recognize my own feelings anymore. 

When we all came back from the beach trip, Jared immediately went back to work and I haven't seen him since. Harry apparently sent out a rumor that I was a gold digger to the tabloids so Jared had to quickly deal with that. 

And apparently, Beth attacked Amelia in her backyard so the police had to be called and Beth was taken to prison this time. 

Because of all the things Jared is dealing with, I didn't want to disturb him. 

So I've just been alone in my thoughts. 

The wedding planner has been handling everything so I've been basically doing nothing all day other than think about whether to leave or stay. 

As I was getting ready to go shopping, my phone rang. 

"Hey Tim, what's up?" I said while putting on my shoes. 

"Hey Jules. I have some news," he said grimly.

I froze in my place. 

"What happened?" I said with worry.

"Calm down its nothing that serious. It's just that my guy thats working on your escape was able to get your passport and stuff done."

I finished putting on my shoes and grabbed my purse. "Okay? So why do you sound like there's something wrong?"

"Soooooo, the problem is that your passport will be ready the morning of the wedding."

Oh great.

This whole situation is just so funny. 

"Great," I said sarcastically. "So what? I have to just disappear the day of the wedding?"

I heard him huff from the other side of the phone. He sounded annoyed at me. 

"Tim, are you mad at me or something?"

"Julia, are you sure you want to leave? I mean Jared's actually a really good guy. He's taking care of you, your parents, and your company. If you leave like this, you'll ruin his reputation."

"I don't remember asking for your opinion Timothy," I spat rudely. "I would appreciate it if you'd let me decide my own fate. I sincerely thank you for helping me through this but don't use your relationship with Jared against me. It won't change my mind."

I heard him sigh. "Okay sorry. As long as you're happy at the end of the day, I won't say anything."

"Great! Glad we're on the same page," I stated. 

I locked the door and got on the elevator. 

"So does this mean you're going to start packing?" he asked.

I don't know myself.

"Yes. I'm actually leaving to go shopping for my trip right now."

"Oh, okay be safe. I'll call back later then."