Chapter 8- This Isn't Awkward Stop Making it That Way

My name is Kusuo Saiki, and my boyfriend is staying the night at my house.

Last we left off I was having dinner. Well when dinner was over I drug Satou upstairs because I didn't want to stick around when my family starts planning our future kids and dogs and life somehow simultaneously on the countryside and in the suburbs.

"So Saiki," he said walking next to me so I stop dragging him, "Wanna play some video games?"

"I only own crappy video games," I admitted, "I try to play the mainstream videogames, but they're always spoiled to me because of my telepathy."

"Oh no worries," Satou said, "I would be fine playing one as long as it's multiplayer."

"Alright," I said grabbing whatever game didn't look like absolute garbage, "But don't get mad at me when it absolutely sucks."

Unfortunately for him, I had a sort of handle over the game we played. I had learned how to exploit the bugs, understand the wonky mechanics, and actually use the power ups. Sure enough Satou ended up losing to yours truly.

"Ugh I can't believe you won again!" He semi-yelled flopping backwards dropping the controller of my PS, "And I had just learning how to activate the power ups."

"Boo hoo," I said sticking out my tounge, "You're just salty cause I warned you how crappy the game would be and you didn't listen."

"Well you weren't wrong about how crappy it was," he said, "But if it were a mainstream game I would have won."

"Highly unlikely," I said, "I can win any game easily. You would lose the minute I pick up the controller."

"Whatever," Satou laughed throwing a pillow at me playfully, "Getting kinda late huh? You could just show me where the guest bedroom is and-"

"We don't have a guest bedroom," I said, "You can just share a bed with me."

"Or I could sleep on the floor," Satou suggested.

"You've slept in the same bed as me before," I said, "what's the problem with doing it again?"

"Well we were just bros when we shared my bed," he said, "Now we're dating and- I- umm, well-"

"Don't want it to be percieved in the wrong way?" I suggested.

"Yeah," he said, "I'll just sleep on the floor. Goodnight Saiki." He tried to lay down to settle the argument, forgetting that he weighed about as much as paper to me.

I picked him up and gentle let him down on my bed. I then lightly wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

"You're trapped," I said, "Good luck sleeping on the floor now."

He gave in and wrapped his arms around the back of my neck. This was one of the advantages of him being taller than me, by only a few centimeters of course.

I woke the next morning to the sound of my alarm. It was a perfectly average time to wake and get ready for school. I was excited to have an average Tuesday. Or I was.

Satou woke unphased by the alarm that I just shut off.

"Morning Saiki," he smiled kissing me on the forehead.

"Good morning Satou-kun," I said. We both got ready (me in my room and him in the bathroom) and went to get breakfast.

"I made pancakes!" My mom said as we came downstairs.

"I'm going to be late to work!" My dad shouted, "Kusuo he-" my mom cleared her throat, "Ugh! I gotta run, love you honey!"

With that he ran out the door trying to get to work as fast as possible. Thank Satou I don't have to take him to work again.