Chapter 17~ The hostage

They reached the next town by dawn. They took the horses to the stable and went to an inn. It was bigger than the ones before. Áedh paid for the rooms and led Ivelle upstairs. Ivelle put down her weapons -except for her dagger- and went to sleep.

She wasn't sure how long had she been sleeping but she woke up to clashing. She put on her cloak and weapons. At once Áedh rushed into her room.

"Good, you're awake." he quickly looked out the window.

"What's going on?" she asked "Don't tell me Dark Soldiers again."

"Something like that." he looked at her "Mercenaries. They want us."

"Wh-why?"

"You can guess once. Look, we have to leave now. They search every house." he pulled Ivelle after him.

They reached the stables and quickly harnessed the horses. They wanted to leave when two soldiers approached them.

"Where to?" asked the taller soldier.

"Just a family trip." answered Áedh.

"At that time of the day?" they went closer.

"Yeah, you know, the stars are beautiful." he gave them a grin.

"Not half!" answered the man and drew out his sword. Áedh turned to Ivelle and started whispering.

"Go and don't stop until you reach Drauri. You'll be safe there. I'll go after you."

"What? No! I can't leave you here!"

"Yes, you can. Now go!" he turned around and attacked the two man. Ivelle sprang into the saddle and as fast as she could she left the town. She did as Áedh said and didn't stop. And this time she didn't look back. She just rode.

The next day she only stopped once. Zandro needed some rest. And in secret, she hoped, that Áedh would reach her. Although there was a possibility that he was already dead. After an hour she decided to resume her way. She knew where to go: Áedh showed her the way on the map many times.

About two hours later black armoured soldiers got in her way. "You gotta be kidding me!" she thought. She slowed down her horse but didn't stop. She hoped that they'll let her pass, but unfortunately she was wrong.

"Stop where you are!" yelled a scratchy voice. She stopped Zandro and waited. The leader came up to her. "Take your cloak off." she took it off and looked into his eyes. "What's your name?"

"Liridona" she answered courtly.

"She's lying." said a familiar voice. A dark-haired woman went up to her. "This is Ivelle, you fool." she stared into her eyes. "The daughter of Gavril and Tanith." Soon a black-haired man reached them too. He went closer to Ivelle and examined her.

"Where are your friends? There was four of you when you left Lorlea." he asked.

"It's just me now." Delaney grinned in the background.

"Then I'm afraid you'll have to come with us." Ivelle stared at the man silently, then drew out her sword, which immediately flew out of her hand. "You're funny. I like you." he grinned.

"It was worth a try." she hissed.

"Tie her up and take her weapons away. All of them." he still examined Ivelle. She turned her gaze away. "Where are you taking me?"

"I thought it was obvious." said Delaney "To Nendawin." Ivelle's eyes widened. That was bad. Really bad. Delaney grinned, so did the soldiers. Except for the man next to her.