Part 5. ~ A brand new world

They woke up early in the morning. Cirillo led Ivelle to the basement where he opened a portal. Ivelle was amased and for a second she froze. It was beautiful in its own way. Something that looked like a standing purple puddle swirled in fron of her. They stepped through. It felt cold and Whet, but when they stepped out on the other side they were dry.

"Are you okay? " Cirillo looked at her.

"Yeah. That waswas incredible! Where are we? " she looked around.

"Temple District. "

"Why?"

"Because that's where the portal is. " Ivelle was confused. Cirillo sighed. "Until the 14th cebtury it belonged to the Knights Templar. In the 14th century their organization dissoluted. Back that time we, I mean the "fantasy creatures", were hunted. So we came into that district and set up a portal to another world an escaped. Since than the district changed hands a number of times, but the Guardians of the Gate were always here to make sure that noone finds the gate who has no right."

"No right? "

"Who is not a magical creature or not from the other world. "

"Oh I see. Can I have a question?"

"You'll ask it anyway, won't you?"

"I guess you're right. Why did margareth say that you can answer my questions better?"

Cirillo sighed and looked into the distance. They walked in silence for a few seconds.

"Because I knew your parents." he said at last.

"But how could you remember it? You couldn't been older than... 6 or 5."

"You're wrong... I was 105 years old back then."

"Impossible. You don't look older than 26."

"I'm an elf remember? We can live for thousands of years. In the view of my people I'm very young." Ivelle didn't answer. She completely forgot that Cirillo was an elf.

They arrived to a park. It was empty except for a few birds and squirrels.

"We're here."

"I can't see a portal here." she caught his look. Then suddenly Cirillo grabbed her hand.

"What are you doing?" she looked down at their folded hands and then up at Cirillo. He closed his eyes and murmured something in latin. Then he opened his eyes and looked at Ivelle.

"And now?" Ivelle looked around. There was another purple portal in the middle of the park. Five hooded figure was standing around it. They were terrifying. "Come." they approached the gate.

"Cirillo." said one of the hooded figure in a deep scary voice. "You may go, but the girl has to stay."

"She's one of us."

"I have never seen her before."

"Her parents brought here here when she was an infant. It's time that she learns who she is." Cirillo spoke calm and severe. Another hooded figure stepped closer to her.