9 (TW?)

-

The room would be completely silent if it weren't for Yuri and Natsuki talking to each other and sometimes including me in the conversation. I silently thank them for keeping me preoccupied, probably noticing the anxiousness in my actions.

Some would say I'm being too overprotective but- Sayori had an incident a couple of years ago and it happened just like this. I don't want to go into too many details because I honestly hate thinking about it.

But thankfully I noticed she wasn't answering my texts and decided to head over to her house, knowing she usually responds pretty quickly.

Anyways, I persuaded her to go to therapy before she did something she'd regret. It wasn't easy at first, but I stuck around and helped her as best as I could. Right now she seems the happiest she's ever been before summer break, I didn't let her stop her therapy sessions though.

Then suddenly the door opens, quite loudly. I whip my head around and it's just the person I wanted to see.

Anddd... I got tackled again. I'm surprised I haven't broken any bones at this rate.

"S- sorry I overslept Y/n," she whispers.

I push her back a little, "Wait- why are you crying Sayori?" I felt my heart tug a little at the heartbroken look on her face, but I was mostly glad she was okay. She let out a laugh, wiping her eyes.

"You should've seen how worried you look when I came in, I never want you to feel like that because of me," she says, burying her face back into my neck.

"Or maybe I was worried because you burst through the door like a maniac," I say, rubbing her back with a laugh. She giggles, standing up and dragging me right along with her.

"Anddd, I might've been worried-" She glares at me, causing me to raise my arms in surrender. "But- that's just because I love you," I say with a cheesy smile, knowing that usually works.

I look around and see all the girls staring at us wide-eyed, probably wondering what the hell just happened. "I'm not picking up the desks this time," Monika mutters from the doorway.

"Hehe sorry guys, I overslept a little after class ended," Sayori said while I quietly picked up the desks, unsure how I haven't gotten a concussion or something.

"Didn't sleep last night Sayori? That's unlike you.." Yuri's light voice said to the shorter girl, I see Natsuki and Monika nod in agreement. Sayori doesn't sleep in class as much as she used to since she's so driven on keeping her grades up... which requires optimal focus or something like that.

Her words, not mine.

"Eheh, I may have stayed up a little late with Y/n," I looked up at how... strange that sounded. As usual, Sayori seems oblivious to the way they could've taken that.

"She slept with me" I literally almost facepalmed at the way I made it worse, "I- it was a sleepover. She slept over... with me watching Netflix- not in that way."

Everyone except Sayori giggles, who now looks a little confused before it clicks, causing her to become embarrassed once more. "Well, I guess that's one way to get ready for poems," Monika says.

"Wait- where were you, Monika?" Natsuki asks.

"O- oh uhm, the class ran out of.. paper?" She said as if it was more of a question. Natsuki stared at her blankly, "There's obviously tons of paper in the closet, were you with your boyfriend?" Natsuki says with a wiggle of her eyebrows

It almost felt like I saw her look at me, almost.

"I- I don't have a boyfriend, Natsuki," Monika says with a sigh as if this wasn't the first time they've had this conversation.