5: A bit positive

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"What happened then?" Taehyung asked, frowning lightly as he moved back on the bed to lean back on the small headboard.

Raventte chuckled sadly and got up from the bed, walking to the table near the chair and opening a drawer. He pulled out a medium-sized old basket from there and walked back.

"Ghouls got me, right there." Taehyung bit his lips, his mind reminding him of his own capture.

"I was so scared... so so scared, feeling all alone and trapped among those horrible creatures." He continued, eyes spacing out like reviewing the time again.

"I remember, they tried to bite me once they dragged me to the forest." Taehyung's ears perked up more on that, he could feel goosebumps on his skin.

"They- they bit you?" He asked horrified, even the thought of having someone besides him who was bitten by them, made him tenser than he was already.

What if he is infected like them?

What if he tries to bite me as well?

What if-

"No." His train of 'what if' stop on the single word, but still he felt uncomfortable, silently watching as the raventte walked to the locked window and tip-toed lightly to look around.

"I was lucky or my training for martial arts paid me at that time, I don't know. But yeah, I ran away before they could bare their teeth."

"Y- you ran away?"

"Yeah. I still remember, how I was tripping here and there while running away from them, not knowing where I was going. That run got me here, where I'm now." Before Taehyung could open his mouth to say something more, the other one turned to him lightly and shook the basket and empty bottles.

"You must be hungry and it's going to be dark soon. I'll be going to get something to eat and fill it up again." Taehyung quickly got up from the bed with wide eyes, head shaking furiously.

"No! You're leaving me alone?!"

"You were about to leave a moment ago. Well, you must be hungry, pretty boy and-"

"No! I'm not! Just stay here." Taehyung was feeling like he would be devoured in the absence of the other, still traumatized, totally ignoring the first mockery and his trying to leave.

Jungkook sighed and stepped back to the bed where the other was panicking.

"I'm not leaving you. There are some fruit trees in the backyard of this house. It will take a bit of time." Taehyung again shook his head and grabbed the other's hand.

"What if they hurt you?! No- no no no. You can't go outside! They're here." Taehyung was on the verge of crying but Jungkook's eyes were fixed on the hand that was desperately attached to his own.

He sighed and put the basket on the ground before patting Taehyung's hand softly.

"Don't be afraid, pretty boy. I'd been surviving here for don't know how long. It's been months and I'm still alive, feeding myself on those fruits, living like this, alone." Taehyung parted his lips but Jungkook put his finger on his own lips, gesturing him to stay quiet.

"You go and freshen up yourself. The drum is still filled with water. I promise, once you'll be back from there, I'd be here as well. Yeah?" Taehyung bit his lip harshly as the other removed his hand from his own and again grabbed the basket.