16: Odd to comfort

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

The next few days passed slowly, not like both were awkward anymore, but the cabin somehow suffocated them at times when they heard only the growls of the half-dead creatures.

Jungkook was healing slowly because of a lack of medical facilities. Even when Taehyung tried to change the bandage regularly, also with great difficulties, they couldn't do better because they didn't have many clothes.

In the past 3 days, Jungkook started walking on his own limping here and there but at least that hurt less than before. Taehyung was less awkward than that day and gladly accepted the small and sweet comments with feathery touches that left him all giddy inside.

If he wasn't attracted to the other before, he surely was falling slowly for the older and he didn't feel much bothered by that. At least, that all kept him sane in the small and suffocated cabin. That was reason to keep his hope that he wasn't alone, someone was there for him, to take care of him, and to be concerned about him.

For him, it was for the first time to feel like that towards someone. Also, he never thought of liking some particular gender but all of those jumbled-up thoughts went straight as a line when the other started showing his affection towards him. Because he loved it, he loved the change from odd to comfort.

"Does it hurt?" Taehyung softly inquired, watching the raventte walking with support from the cabin walls.

Jungkook flashed a sweet but small smile, shaking his head negative before coming to him. He carefully sat beside the younger and pecked his forehead in complete affection, making the other male look down with pink cheeks, a sight to absorb.

"No, it doesn't hurt anymore. Just a bit irritating but otherwise, I can bear it." The silver-haired nodded his head when the other pulled back but he could feel the stare.

"What are you staring at, Hyung?" Jungkook chuckled at the question as he made himself fall back on the mattress, eyes still focused on the younger.

"Art of God." Taehyung snickered before playfully pinching the older's arm to which the latter yelped slightly before bursting into fits of sweet laughter.

"Don't tease me, hyung." Taehyung whined, pouting slightly but giggled when the other mimicked his gestures.

They fell into comfortable silence but Taehyung felt like asking the question that was kicking inside his mind for the past few days.

"Hyung."

"Hmm." The other hummed, softly caressing his clothed knee, sending some shivers but he didn't stop him, feeling at odd ease.

"Can we- um- try to open it up till we can't go out?" Pointing towards the locked door, he breathed out a bit hesitated.

Jungkook slightly frowned but sighed before sitting up straight, careful enough not to hurt his thighs.

"I can't try much because we don't have any tools to open it up. But if you want to try, go on. Just be sure not to hurt yourself, yeah?" Taehyung nodded and slowly got up from the mattress to observe the lock.

The lock was old and rusty, clear that no one used it for long. Pouting to himself, he shook the rusty lock a few times only to hear the disturbing rattling that clicked in his mind a bit.

"We need something heavy and hard to hit with." Jungkook's voice made him look back. Nodding his head, he agreed to the older. It was really clear that something heavy can break it easily because it was quite rusty.