23: Believed

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

The loud howling and growling were back when the night just kept on deepening with the passing of time. The cabin was silent as ever, with no sound as the two males lay there with their backs facing each other.

Taehyung kept on pondering what the other revealed in the evening. He was still on edge but seeing Jungkook crying like a child lost in the crowd, made him feel mixed emotions for him. It was definitely difficult for him to deny the other as he knew his own growing soft spot for him.

"Why are you not cuddling today, love?" Jungkook's softest voice made him blink his eyes tiredly. He wasn't actually tired to sleep as he slept for a whole day, again.

"It's just-" His words disappeared midway, not knowing what to say when he was clear-cut sure of why he was doing that. There was almost a war going on between his mind and heart, a war to either be normal like before or not. Don't take him wrong, he was just too shocked after everything.

Jungkook sighed at the answer, propping himself on his left elbow he looked down at the younger who was just staring blankly at the door of the washroom.

"Take your time to decide what you want, but don't stress yourself." Taehyung closed his eyes, recalling what he decided before and what Jungkook said.

Flashback

"That hybrid? Your friend? How?" Taehyung bombarded the other male with so many questions.

"I don't know either. I just get to find him a few days ago and then tried to approach him a few times but never got the luck." Taehyung silently tried to digest that when Jungkook wiped his tears and straightened his back, now looking directly into his eyes.

"I planned to make sure that you escape today so that I can find him on my own without risking your safety." Taehyung bit his lips on that. "I thought that I'll find you later if I- if I ever get to survive here."

Silver bangs moved in a swift motion the way Taehyung whipped his neck up in utter shock.

"You just said, he isn't a human anymore, so what's the point of your efforts? He attacked us, he attacked 'you'!"

"I know, maybe he is just in some daze or something? Didn't you notice, he looked way better than a normal ghoul?" Jungkook looked so happy when he notified him, and Taehyung couldn't help but think again about that. It wasn't a lie that he looked more like a human than a ghoul.

"I promise, I will make sure that you escape first, then my search for him starts." Taehyung frowned when Jungkook nodded to himself, not looking at him anymore.

"You want me to leave you here, alone?" Jungkook sighed at that, a small sad smile playing on his lips.

"You've no idea how it will affect my heart," Then his eyes slightly moved up to lock with Taehyung's widened ones. "But, your life and safety are more important than my heart and feelings, pup."

There was a moment of silence that just prolonged until the younger of the two decided to break it.

"What's your plan? How will you interact with him? What's your plan to avoid getting ripped apart by his claws?" The tone wasn't harsh like before rather, it was soft and concerned and it was enough for the raven-haired to smile genuinely, knowing the other was worried about him and his feelings weren't gone.