17: Dread

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

The following night, Taehyung couldn't blink for the whole time, mind still occupied with the hybrid-like creature he saw in the evening.

Jungkook was also very much confused about the matter. He tried to convince the younger that it will be fine but when Taehyung couldn't agree with him, he fell silent, very deep in thought.

Wide open caramel eyes were focused on the locked door inside the cabin, soft breaths leaving his slightly parted lips because he was too much in a daze.

He was sure that the thing wasn't a ghoul or a human. The thing looked very much tall like him, much faster with slight limps, clothes half torn but very much covering his body, black but dusty hairs reaching till his shoulders.

He definitely saw his face as well but just a glimpse. The face wasn't like a ghoul's but more human-like if he ignored the rotting skin near the jaw and eyes. Even if that was a small glimpse, he felt the other's piercing gaze right through his soul and he just couldn't get rid of it.

Facing his trauma wasn't easy when another problem was already there. It was a clear sign that they were not safe anymore because someone or something else was very much free to enter their safe place.

A small thud from outside made him flinch badly but right at that moment, a soft kiss was delivered on the back of his neck followed by a warm breath and hand caressing his waist.

"What happened, baby?" Jungkook's raspy voice inquired but he was silent. Receiving no answer made the older to get up a bit by supporting his body on his left elbow.

"Tae?" Another thud and this time Taehyung got up as well only to hug the other, taking him by surprise.

"Hey hey, it's ok. Don't be scared." Taehyung snuggled his face in the other's shoulder while the other kept on patting his lower back after sitting properly.

The noises from outside only repeated twice before getting silent again, only distant growls of wandering ghouls could be heard.

Jungkook kept on whispering comforting words in his ears but he was more focused on the other voices. Every little voice was making him alert, scared that someone might break inside the cabin and tear them into pieces like that girl.

Only the imagination of that made him shudder, causing him to tug over the other's old shirt and snuggle more with raged breath. It was like a silent message that Jungkook received, he scooped the other more to make him feel warm and protected.

"I'm here, you're not alone. You're fine, ok? Just breathe, pup." Taehyung remained silent, just hearing the words as he internally prayed for everything to be a nightmare and open his eyes back in his room with his soft blanket and bouncy mattress.

A few minutes later, the older one of them laid back, taking the younger one with him as they both fell side by side on the uncomfortable bed.

Taehyung was still sticking to the raven haired and the other didn't mind that at all, instead, he kept on muttering sweet nothings to calm down his nerves. As he knew, how much traumatic it would be for the silver-haired to live the new change.

"I used to be scared like you in the first month." Taehyung opened his eyes when the other started in a whisper-like tone but didn't make any effort to move away.