Pray To Catch You

"Bey? Hello ?!" Jay asked into the receiver hoping this wasn't some mistake , that his wife had actually given him hope that his many prayers had been answered . "Bey if you're there please say something , I just need to hear your voice and know if you're Okay . Please ?" He begged .

He could hear movement so he knew he wasn't losing his mind .

Bey sighed deeply , pulling Blue closer to her before she clicked on the video option and turned their camera on.

"It's me , well us"Bey said looking over her daughter who all of the sudden was camera shy .

If she knew she was gonna do this shit she wouldn't have even bothered calling and making this effort but she could tell it was just a bit overwhelming for her so she moved the camera to an angle where he could only see the bottom half of her face and her curly hair that fell over her shoulders .

"Blue is here too , she just doesn't want to say anything right now" she admitted breaking his heart worst than he could imagine

"Blue is here too , she just doesn't want to say anything right now" she admitted breaking his heart worst than he could imagine . His own daughter didn't want to see his face ? He had dreamed and thought about her for months wondering what their reunion would be like but he never saw this in any of his visions or plans . It was then that he came to realize he had fucked up royally and all the things that he had blamed on Bey for picking at were actually true .

He had lost his daughter due to his own neglect .

When Bey noticed Blue genuinely had no intentions of looking at or entertaining her father she knew it was time to hang up .

"Look , I was just letting her hear your voice . That's the ONLY reason I called" she emphasized crushing any dream he could have of her wanting to reach out or begin to forgive him for the hurt he caused . "She's fine now so I'm going to hang up . I don't think she wants to say bye either so-"

"Please Bey , let me say something. I'm not ready to hang up , this is the first time I heard your voice in months . Are you in a safe place ?" He asked standing up as he began to pace the room trying to find literally anything of interest that could keep her on the phone longer .

"Shawn I don't have time for this okay ? You made your bed now lay in it . This is not my mess to clean up nor is it my job any longer to put your needs and feelings above mine . Do you love me ?" Bey asked trying to swallow the lump she felt growing in her throat as emotions started to kick in .