Competition

"How long have you been on that phone ?" Bey asked as she used her hip to open her bedroom door without knocking because she paid the bills in the Bitch .

Her daughter knew that she had a limited time to be on the Internet everyday unless it was something educational or it was the weekend .

Blue didn't even bother to look up from her screen as she readjusted her AirPods in her ears hoping her mother would get the message

Blue didn't even bother to look up from her screen as she readjusted her AirPods in her ears hoping her mother would get the message .

She didn't find it fair that she couldn't have friends and spend time with them online since her mother didn't trust her out of her sight .

She was constantly in a hate love relationship with one of her parents over something and today it was no different .

She loved her mom but sometimes she did too much and she felt smothered by her love, her need to be super involved with her life causing them to bump heads a lot.

When they were good they were good , when they were on bad terms they could pretty low .

Her dad on the other hand ? He'd have to pay her attention for her to feel a certain way about him and that's probably where most of her frustration came from .

She loved that in her mother's eyes she was the main priority.

When she was sick , her moms job came last .

She'd even faked by needing her a few times just to see if she meant what she said and it never failed that her mom would be there laying right beside her in her Queen sized bed wether they were watching Netflix on low and just enjoying each other's company or if she was pouring her heart out and just needed a good cry .

She'd even let her slip out a bad word every now and then if she was really upset as long as it wasn't directed towards her .

"Ivy , either you give up the phone until you get done putting these clothes up and cleaning up this mess of a room or it's going to be mine" Bey threatened as she distributed the neatly folded laundry she did earlier to ease her mind .

She didn't ask too much from her child because she was exactly that , a child and an only child at that .

There was a fine balance between spoiling her and giving her structure and rules to follow and while her staying on her phone a little longer wouldn't kill her , Bey would much rather her do something more productive .

The internet was full of things she didn't want her daughter to be affected by not to mention the potential pedophiles and Bad influences .

She was 8 not 18 , so her house her rules .

Blue sighed heavily letting her mother know she wasn't pleased with her request before exiting out of all the apps she had been on and switching her phone from private mode to public knowing her search history was none existent .