Insecure

The corner of Kelly's mouth raised as she tried not to smile too hard at the notification that just pinged her phone

The corner of Kelly's mouth raised as she tried not to smile too hard at the notification that just pinged her phone .

Here she was laying in bed with nothing but her crisp white sheets tangled around her sweat glistened skin , Pornhub streaming on her tv as background noise as she caught her breath , a blunt between her fingers , and a box of Chinese takeout sitting on the stack of paperwork she had yet to grade and didn't plan on getting to anytime soon .

It was the freakin Weekend for crying out loud and this was her life

It was the freakin Weekend for crying out loud and this was her life .

Clothes from the laundry she neglected to fold sprawled out on her bed and on the chair in the corner , a litter box for her two cats that were her babies , her legs gapped as she tried to relieve herself of the long week she had .

At 8 years old she had so many goals set for herself.

Graduate from high school , get a part time job so she could buy the clothes she wanted , a car by her senior year so she could drive whenever and wherever she wanted without asking her mom for a ride , Prom , College so she could pursue her dream of being a veterinarian while still being able to sing with her group of friends if she wanted .

Married by 25 , two maybe three big headed kids with her beautiful brown skin and big eyes , a steady income , and a stamped out passport from her trips around the world. .

If you would've told her 8 year old self that she would be 26 year old single school teacher with 2 cats , a life of regrets , a dead mom , who hated her life she would've laughed in your face and told you No way , but Kelly couldn't blame it on anyone else but herself .

It all really started her freshman year of college .

She decided to attend the same college as her friend Bey as just a safety net if their singing group didn't make it far.

But somewhere in the midst of wild parties , drugs , Poor decisions , and  boys the two teens took two very different paths .