Chapter 7

I am going to die.

I should've had Will bring me home.

What was I thinking!?

He said girls couldn't skateboard.

Oh yea! I don't need him, that sexist jack--

I jumped when I heard a snap, which pulled me from my train of thought. After I abandoned Will in the diner, I may or may not of become extremely lost after walking a few blocks. I tried to turn back, but that ended with me only getting more lost than I already was.

So, I have been walking for an hour now; trying to find my way home at ten at night. I turned onto a street when I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

Oh.

My phone!

I whipped it out from my pocket and answered it without looking at the Caller ID.

"Hello?!" I answer frantically.

"Princess?" Will's voice questions, relief in his voice. "Where are you!?"

I glance around and stop when I see an intersection a block away. "I don't know, hold on a second." I began walking towards the lit intersection, squinting my eyes to see the name of the street.

"Don't hang up on me, Princess." His voice warns me.

I swallow as I walk by a dark alley way. "I know." Is all I say. I get a clear view of the sign and read it off to Will. "I'm at the corner of... Fourth Street and Peartree Lane." I say into the device in my hand.

"All right. Stay there, I'll be there in a few minutes." He says. I nod my head.

"Okay." I reply, still keeping him on the line. I lean up against the pole holding the traffic lights, listening to the sound of Will's old truck through the phone. I heard footsteps in the distance, causing me to hide myself behind the pole.

"W-Will?" I whisper into the phone.

"Princess?"

"I t-think someone is here." I whisper into the phone.

Silence.

"W-Will?" Fear filled my body as the footsteps got louder and a chorus of dark laughter erupted twenty feet away. It was a group. Of men. A large group of men.

"Don't worry, Princess I'm almost there." Will says, and I can hear his car speeding.

I nod my head shakily and glance around the pole. "Okay. P-please hurry Will." I pull my head back just as the group of men comes into view.

I gulp and shut my eyes as the footsteps get closer.

Closer.

Closer.

"Well, what do we have here?" A vile voice sounds. I open my eyes and look at a tall and lanky man standing barely ten feet in front of me. I gulp and stuff the phone in my pocket, leaving the line on.

"Hi." I say, keeping my voice steady.

Will, you better get your butt here soon!

"Hey." He grins at me, flashing me crooked and yellow teeth. I grimace as two more guy flank him and two go on either side of me, none of them coming within eight feet of me.

"How are you on this fine night?" I ask him, putting a small amount of cheeriness in my voice.

The more calm you seem, the less they will see you as a victim.