Chapter 26

This amazing cover was made by englishskies so this chapter is dedicated to you Chica!!!!

++++++

We all thought the plan was great.

Definitely not perfect by any means, but we believed the plan for the competition has worked out without any kinks. We had thought that the real struggle was over and there was nothing to worry about until we graduated high school.

But, that was until lunch came along, and life decided to get that much more complicated.

The saying that I would use to describe how I'm feeling right now?

F.

M.

L.

++++++++++++++++++++

"Hey Tess, ready to get food? I could really go for food right now. Are we having burgers today? I could go for some burgers. Oh yeah, burgers sound amazi--" Jordan's ramble about how much he could go for a burger was cut off by Julia placing her hand over his mouth.

"We get it, Jordan, you could really go for a--AAAAHHH OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD THAT'S DISGUSTING!" She starting shouting, ripping her hand away from Jordan--who now had a cheeky grin plastered on his lips--and wiping the palm of her hand on her pants. "OH MY GOD YOU LICKED ME! WHY WOULD YOU LICK ME!?"

He grinned down at her as he shrugged innocently. "I felt like it."

She made a face at him, her eyebrow twitching with annoyance as her hands began to fidget.

Oh crap.

Jordan is doomed.

"You... You felt like it?" She seethes out, glaring up at him through narrowed eyes. Seeing her demeanor, Jordan's eyes widened as he took a cautious step backwards.

"Now, now..." He says carefully, bringing his hands up in a surrendering position. "There is no need to be hasty. Let's just talk this out."

Julia paused in her steps, seeming to think about the offer for a few moments. After a couple of seconds, she looked back up at Jordan with a sinister smile. "Hmm.... Nah."

And with that, Jordan screamed--as in shrieked like a little girl--before taking off toward the lunchroom, Julia hot on his tail.

How can someone be so tough looking, but yet so marshmallowy and girlish?

A chuckle escaped my lips as I leisurely walked down the hallway, too lazy to try and keep up with my crazy friends. People hustled on by, some throwing me glances, others not bothering to spend a milliseconds of their time looking at me.

Just as I turned the corner, I heard my name being called from behind me. At first, I figured that someone was calling for a different Tessa, but that theory was soon squashed when someone grabbed my shoulder, successfully halting me in my tracks.

"Excuse me? Tessa?" A smooth and masculine voice called out, the hand lightly pulling me to turn around.

And my oh my, I could've sworn that an angel was standing before me.

A member of the male species was standing before me, his chestnut brown eyes looking at me in a curious manner. The beach blonde hair on his head was styled in your typical Teen Wolf up-do, giving me a full view of his chiseled face.

Oh... Holy Mother Of Chocolate Banana Nuggets...

"...uh... Hello?" His voice called out, pulling me from my dumbstruck thoughts of appreciation.