Chapter 8

CELESTE

The SUVs passed the iron front gates, its occupants sitting dead silent as they all stay immense in their own thoughts.

Had she not been in such tense situation, she might have gazed the stone statues that decorate the whole drive way, all the way to the huge middle fountain right in front of the huge double doors that the palace had.

Celeste had thought of a lot of possibilities her encounter with the king to go, none of which had her prepared for this. Sure, she expected that he will try to probe around the pack a bit, which he did. But what she is trying to come to terms with and failing is, why in the world would he reach out for help to her team?

Now here she was, at the Royal Palace.

A place filled with Were warriors and other higher ranks, a prosperous pack settled right outside the high walls that surround the castle.

And she was sure her team will have to look over their shoulder every time they make a move.

Once the two four wheelers stop, the witch slips out along with her team. They were greeted by one of the Gamma, a mid-thirty year-old man she doesn't recognise. He had not been with the Royal Crew when they met about three days ago.

"Alpha Anderson."

The Gamma greets with a slight bow to her brother who responds with a nod of acknowledgment.

"I am the Gamma of the Royal Pack, Mathew Williams. I am here to assist you through out your stay here. Firstly, I will arrange for you to be taken to your rooms, where you can rest before meeting the King in the office."

Celeste almost let out a snort, catching herself barely.

Giving them all a Gamma as an attendee? Does the king really believe them to be this naïve?

The Anderson pack members, including their current Alpha, were shown their rooms on the second floor of the West Wing, each a lavish one with a walk in closet and en suite bathrooms. Not wishing to spend time 'Relaxing' but also not wanting to make the others work when they could very well use this time to accustom themselves to their new rooms for unknown number of days, the dark witch stops the Gamma before he can vanish.

She knew once the man, Mathew disappears from their hallway now, she would only see him if either she spends her next few hours wandering the palace and seeking him out or when their king decides to 'request' her presence.

Celeste had never been someone who waited for the other to confront her, instead she would rather be delivered whatever the other has on her as fast as possible.

"I would like to meet your king first."

The man looked positively peeved, and unsure if he should deviate from what he has been already told but the witch only raises and eyebrow in question when he doesn't move or try to link his king for further order.

When his eyes do gaze over, she lets out a breath she had no idea she was holding.

She had known, talking in the palace in secrecy won't be possible so she had already prepared what she called 'trust link' to connect her brother, herself and her core team. It worked quite like the pack link the wolves have, just not efficiently and can not to extended to a number of people, nor can it help in gauging the others' emotion.

Also one of the important point being, it can only be helped to connect the ones who have absolute trust within each other. So yes, a very washed down version of a pack link, but this was important for them.