Chapter Eleven

Xavier

In my fantasies, having my kink revealed always went a very specific way. First, I would be discovered, caught. Then I would be forced to admit what I wanted and to describe the desires that were always bubbling beneath the surface.

And then—the punishment would start.

Could the fantasy finally be coming true? Because no matter how far away my imagination took me and no matter how many kinky scenes I devised, they always came back to Dominick. It was always his hands, his stern voice, and that glowering, steamy look in his eyes.

It was always him.

"That was me," I said.

"Have you known this whole time?" he asked, his voice dropping closer to a growl. The expression on his face was fierce, and a part of me felt like I had failed him, like I had kept some secret that he deserved to know.

"Since I spotted your tattoo," I said. "The rose."

He glanced down at his wrist. The sleeves of his white dress shirt were rolled up, and in the shop's lighting, I could see the dark swirls of hair that spread across his muscles.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, taking another step forward.

I felt dizzy and flushed, and I pressed my hand against the cool metal of the machine to steady myself. "How could I?" I asked. "There were so many signs that I shouldn't..."

The corners of his mouth turned down in a frown, and I wondered if he was thinking back to that night years ago. But still, I couldn't just say the truth—that I was embarrassed, ashamed. I was too young, too small in comparison to his oversized ambition.

That I thought he had already rejected me, years ago.

I ran my hand through my hair and realized I was sweating. "Sorry," I said softly. "I'm a little overwhelmed." I grabbed a piece of salt water taffy from a tub near me, shoving it in my mouth and chewing.

Peppermint.

Dominick took another step closer. "Your one piece of candy for the day?"

I nodded, anxiously chewing the taffy and swallowing it down. "Thank god I waited."

He narrowed his eyes. "Have another."

I shook my head quickly. "Just one," I said.

He took another step forward. "Come on, Xavier," he teased, his voice nearing a whisper. "Rules are meant to be broken."

I looked down at the tub of taffy, and my heart shot up to my throat.

Broken rules.

Peppermint.

I lifted a piece of candy, holding it tentatively in my hand. Dominick watched me, a hunger in his eyes, and my cock grew stiff from his attention. Slowly, and with a trembling hand, I removed the wrapper and held the sticky candy between my thumb and forefinger.

"I never do this," I said. "I really don't."

"I know," he answered. "Because you're not supposed to. But what's the fun if you never break the rules, Xavier? What's life without a little risk?"

Dominick's gaze traveled across my body, and I felt the heat of his stare on my chest, down my backside, along my thighs, and straight to my crotch, bulging with an erection.

"I can tell you want it," he said. "Go ahead. Eat."

Without thinking, I shoved the taffy in my mouth. It stuck to my teeth as I chewed, and immediately, pleasure spread across my skin. Maybe it was the taste; maybe it was just the indulgence of it. But mostly, it was the look in Dominick's eyes, like he was pleased by my choice.