Chapter Thirteen

Xavier

"Do you want to sit outside?" I asked Georgia, lifting the carafe of coffee from the table. "It's lovely out this morning."

"Sure," she said. "Just so long as Bea Arthur comes with us."

I pushed the screen door to the back open with my foot, and Bea rushed into the backyard. "She'll probably pose for us in the bushes," I said.

Georgia and I grabbed the plates of French toast, hashbrowns, and fresh fruit, and we made our way to the small picnic table out back. It was set in the shade, and with the sun still low in the sky, the air was just beginning to warm.

"So why'd you insist on seeing me for breakfast?" Georgia asked, setting a carton of orange juice on the table. She had on a zip-up hooded sweater, which hung loosely off of one shoulder. I poured some of the coffee in my mug, then topped it off with cream as she got situated. Even though the food looked delicious, my stomach was tight, and I doubted I would eat.

"You said you had news, too," I objected. "Why don't you go first?"

"Whoever called the breakfast presents the opening gossip," she joked, tossing some blueberries on her French toast.

"I saw Dominick again last night."

She raised an eyebrow. "And?"

"He spanked me."

"What!" Georgia yelped, nearly knocking over the carafe of coffee. "And you waited until we were seated to tell me? I want every detail, immediately. How are you feeling? Did it turn your whole world upside down, or did it just turn your butt upside down?"

I laughed and felt a wave of relief wash across my body. Georgia usually embarrassed me so easily with how forward she was, but sometimes, it was such a relief to have a friend I could talk to openly.

"It felt like a little bit of everything," I said. "All of that and a lot more, too."

"Sounds delightful."

I took in a deep breath, a warm feeling crawling across my face. It was like I hadn't stopped glowing since it happened. "It was delightful," I said. "And exciting. And risky. And hot. And unfortunately, it was very, very quick, too."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed and looked down at the ground, staring at the shadow my legs cast across the grass. "He spanked me six times, touched my dick for two seconds, and then I was finished."

"Six spanks?" she asked. "Well, that's probably not exactly your fantasy, I understand, but how did it feel?"

"Good," I said weakly. "Perfect."

"And was he good to you after it was over? He wasn't a jerk about you finishing so quick or anything like that?"

I shook my head, then stabbed a piece of strawberry onto my fork. "He was sweet and really gentle, actually." I swiped the strawberry through some maple syrup, then popped it in my mouth, chewing the sweetness. "That's how Doms are after, right?"

"The ones who are worth your time, sure," Georgia replied. "Some people don't want any part of the emotional sides of it, though. Well, at least not the emotional sides that come after the sex." She chuckled to herself. "Some of the women I've known who refused to act sweet after doing a scene would get pretty damn emotional during the middle of one, I'll tell you that."

I blinked, thinking about what she was saying. "Dominick wasn't very emotional, but he wasn't unemotional either. It was just like he was there, solid and sturdy."

"Sounds like you hit the jackpot, sweetie. That's the exact kind of man you've been dreaming about since I met you."

The specific man, actually,I thought.