𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖 - ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ

After day seven of the reports, Shinichiro decides it'd be best to just talk to you. He'll be the first  to admit that watching your daily activities was weird of him. It was, admittedly, stalking.

Maybe for a good reason, but still stalking. Which, by the way, totally not gentlemanly. 

He planned to be upfront, confront you and all the likes. He would even apologize!

You, on the other hand, had noticed the same kids hanging around your apartment and been so close to calling the police on them. But, well, then they'd probably notice your mother, and then Tetta would be taken from you, but he was all you had to protect-

You calmed your breathing. Why would anybody have problems with you? While you had no friends in school, you weren't disliked due to your rather reasonably respectful personality. You partook in class discussions, you didn't insult others or gossip, you had good hygiene (other than being dead tired all the time), and you were distant to the others because of your job. And money problems, at least, other students could understand. It wasn't like you lived in a good neighborhood specifically; while not a bad neighborhood, in general the people living here were more low-income rather than middle-class. You kept to yourself in class, and people respected that. 

So no school problems.

Your mind almost immediately jumped to Kisaki, before remembering that he hadn't even met Takemichi yet. Nobody would aim for a child, nor their older sister. (Except for the fact that canon Kisaki did. But you'd protect him from that future.)

So why were these people following you? Again, no answer. Wasn't that what you'd just explained?

You'd have assumed they weren't following, if not for Mrs. Suki (the owner of Suki's Sweets) asking you if those two boys were your friends. 

Hint: they weren't. You just said they were some classmates since one of the dudes is from your class. 

You didn't get why they seemed to be following you. 

Whatever - it was getting too cold, and you'd had Tetta wear long sleeves and his jacket, but he needed something warmer. While you could worry about the potential stalkers, you worried more for your little brother. 

(He's still so small, so tiny. Your arms are still bruised, aching.)

It's getting worse at home; your mother finally begins hating you for how much you love your brother. While she'd always been cruel in her insults, they become more of her asking you why? 

Or, rather, asking you how you could love him.

She saw him as a monster; a reminder of a relationship falling apart in front of her eyes without being able to do anything to stop it. She saw those eyes as a mark of bad will. She could not consider Kisaki Tetta her family when he was not even related to her.

You two really were opposites.

You just.. saw him as a child. Maybe before, he'd been the horrid villain, but now he was simply a kid. Those eyes were the same as yours. And despite not being from this world, despite having hated the old him, he was still your brother. And you were still his sister.

So you'd buy him the winter coats, pack him his lunch, patch up his scraped knees. 

Because he was just a kid. He was just a kid, and you'd done this before. He was just a kid, and when you had been a kid, you'd learned how to hold your little brother's hand while crossing the street, learned how to pack lunches in the morning for your siblings, learned how to be the older sister even as the middle child. That was your childhood.