𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 - "ꜱʜʜʜ-!"

That woman was gone

That woman was gone. While Shinichiro was physically weak, he still remained the leader of a fairly powerful gang; strong enough to get that woman out of there. You didn't know if she was dead or not. 

The living room scared you, so you and Tetta threw out that cursed coffee table, and found the softest, brightest rug to cover the floors. You take Tetta's drawings out your shared room and hang it onto the walls. Heck, you even got a cactus to decorate the area. 

It feels more like home. Plus, you won't have to worry for the rent. While your father was a cheating asshole who left you and Tetta, he paid for the apartment as his 'child care'. At the very least, you could be thankful for that.

And another part.. couldn't truly fault him for leaving. You could blame him for leaving Tetta, and before you took over this body, the sister likely hated Tetta's father. But seeing how that woman acted?

You could maybe understand it.

(Feeling abandoned wouldn't make sense, because it wasn't you who was abandoned.)

It didn't really matter. He paid the rent, you never saw him, and that meant you could continue living in this apartment until the unforeseeable future. Which is ironic, because you technically could see the future via Takemichi.

For now, you moved your things to what was that woman's bedroom after airing the room out of the smell of alcohol. Her old clothes are okay, so you keep the ones that fit you and the ones that don't, you pack into a box to either sell or donate. There's not much to be done, and in reality it feels much safer in this apartment now. Now, it feels like home without a threat looming over your shoulders.

In the morning (after the hectic weekend you had, the resolve of it all-), you cook and pack lunch for Tetta and you as per usual. You drift through school, and when the teacher calls on you, you're almost too out of it to answer. After school, you pick Tetta up, but since Hinata won't be at the park today, you instead take him with you to (Miss) Suki's Cafe. He sits in one of the tables in the back doing his homework while you bake.

The only thing different from this day is Miss Suki asking if everything is alright, to which you smile and say, "It's getting better." 

She grins at that, and you're glad when her brow smoothens out. 

The day is exactly like every other day, like nothing has changed. It's- strange. Realizing how little this affects everyone else.

And realizing how much this affects you. 

Your entire day has been feeling off; something weird and new. Trying to settle into this new environment of relative safety and feeling alright. 

Your entire day is mostly normal until two customers enter the store; two customers you hadn't been expecting.

A young Manjiro Sano and his brother.