𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖 - "ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴄʀʏ. ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ɪɴ. ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴏᴋᴀʏ."

Trigger Warning// knife (not used), somebody gets knocked out but dont worry its not any of our 3 mcs :D panic attack but uh it doesnt last too long :) if you want a summary of the chap, comment up here and i'll try to give you one. stay safe ! <3 

also angst ehe

   Fear. That's all you feel, trembling in front of the figure of- of somebody meant to protect you. Somebody meant to love you. 

You can't move. You can't breathe. No, no, you are, but it feels wrong. You're not meant to be breathing, right? She can hear you. She's right there. Stop breathing. She'll know you're still alive, she'll go after your brother next, why is she here?!

--The impact of warm arms around your torso snaps you out of your thoughts, but it's the wrong arms. This isn't Shinichiro who, albeit having stuck his nose into your business rather creepily, had good intentions and saved you. This was-

Your mother?

Was that even what she was? Maybe she wasn't a mother.

Maybe she was just. L/n to you. You held her maiden name, and you didn't like it. That was your name. That's what your classmates called out to you when needing to wake you (from the many times you collapsed from exhaustion in class), that's the name your PE teacher yelled when you weren't running fast enough; that's your name. 

You don't know what to call her. She's not your mother, she doesn't deserve to share a name with you, and you didn't even know her first name. She just- she was-

She was hugging you. You stiffened in her arms, unable to move just like before. You didn't know what to do. How pathetic, you who thought of yourself as so strong, was trembling in somebody else's hold.

In your mind, you'd have spoken up, you'd have yelled at her, screamed and shouted, thrown things, tossed her to the floor-

And yet silent you stood, a million things you could do to get her off you, unable to do any of them.

"Y/n! I was so worried, your mom's so sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, really. I'm so glad you came back for me, of course you would, you're my baby, I'm so sorry," the woman sobbed into your shirt, and instead of pity, all you could think was she's getting my shirt dirty, and how you were going to throw this shirt away later. Your skin burns from where her arms touch, and you want her to let go. 

You still don't move. Thankfully, you don't have to. Not because that woman gets off you, no, but because gentle hands pull you from her grasp. Warm and comforting is what Shinichiro has become to you unintentionally. He's associated with warmth, with safety due to all he's done for you. He won't hurt you. You won't be hurt while he's here. You won't be hurt and neither will Tetta. You're- you're fine. 

So why are you still trembling? Even in his arms, knowing you are safe, you are still trembling. you hide your face in his chest, and he just holds you a bit tighter.

"Miss-" Shinichiro says, like she doesn't even deserve the politeness, "I'm afraid she didn't come here for you."

He stands tall and confident, like he could fight against the world despite you knowing very well he couldn't. But the fact that he's willing to is enough for you.

"What?" she says, tone turning dangerous and you want to run. But you need your things, your clothes and Tetta's shark doll, your stash of money. You can't run. Not now.