𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕖𝕟 - ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ

tw/cw: murder plus mentions of alternate-timeline-yn going a tad bit insane i think. stay safe!! if u want a chap summary i'll make one <3

--

[Sometime, after Future-Takemichi goes to the past...]

Your mind had been fractured for a while. That, you knew. Like memories were drifting past you like water. How long would it take, for your past to change?

It was a struggle, to try and remember what exactly had shattered the glass of your mind. When exactly had it been? At what moment did you truly make the decision to follow the plot without guilt?

What moment killed off any emotions for others except for your little brother?

What moment killed off any qualms against becoming a murderer?

You'd always been a slightly disturbed kid in your old world. Your mind itself was already 'tainted' with thoughts of blood and death. Curiosity lead to a discovery that killed off the innocence of a child and instead brought far too much violence in your own mind. Even more so, you had always been an angry child. An angry person. You hid it fairly well, hid it well, tucked away the violence best you could. Your life had enough violence, and all you ever saw was people dealing with their anger violently. The only thing restricting you from acting out had been the repeated mantra of I will never be like my older sister, but that oppressed anger went somewhere, went deep into you, and the anger seeped into everything. To your actions, to the world, to your imagination. 

Anger. It controlled your life more than you wanted it to, but still it remained, barely let free, and in this universe where you were everything you once where and everything you could be, and yet someone new all at once, you had no clue where your morals laid. In this universe where violence was normal and murder happened even between teens, in this universe centered around these violent gangs, centered around Takemichi and death and Hinata and Mikey, who embodies death-

In your world, you'd never found out whether or not you would care if you killed someone. 

In this world, you did.

The answer was no. That, no, you would not regret killing somebody. 

(You raised that shattered coffee table, ignoring the glass that had your blood on it, raising the damn weapon used against both you and your brother-

And you slammed it against Her, over and over and over and over-

She would never hurt you or him ever, ever again.)

Your morals were ruined. The old laws of your world had broken in that moment.

Alone, you laughed. You laughed, and you also cried. You laughed and mourned; mourned the death of a you that had been lost, and cried for the pure hope that maybe- just maybe - you could be happy.

That you could fix your mistakes.

(That the you that you missed could return.)

--

[Future's Past: Year XXXX. First Year you had entered the body of Tetta's sister.]

In truth, you didn't really know how to interact with Shinichiro. How does one talk to somebody who will die?