𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖔𝖓𝖊 - 🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇵​​🇦​​🇸​​🇹​

this does fit into the plot, as it is a special, special chapter where we get to see the world where Reader did not get hit by truck-kun :-)

sorry it's so late <3 life has been genuinely so busy & i've lost a lot of writing motivation!! anyways, i'm not abandoning this fic, will not, and i do have an ending planned it just takes time to get there as we are ENTERING THE ROMANCE?!?!? maybe. slowly. very, very slowly.

anyways, enjoy the chapter!!

It was so cold, the chill getting past Tetta's ratty pants and hoodie full of holes

It was so cold, the chill getting past Tetta's ratty pants and hoodie full of holes. But it was okay, because he got the groceries just like nee-chan normally did; sandwiches and water bottles, all while Mother was sleeping! 

He would be a good little brother, so nee-chan would never hate him like Mother did.

Tetta hurried past the streets, the lamp-posts' lights flickering slightly. If anything, he was glad that it wasn't winter. He couldn't even imagine having to go out in the coldest season of the year. The grocery bag wasn't too heavy, but his arms were slightly dragging so he sat against the sidewalk for a bit to catch his breath.

"I'm almost..home," Tetta murmured, curling into himself for a bit of warmth. He only gave himself a few minutes to rest before getting up again, and making his way towards their little apartment.

At the door, he leaned his ear to the door, listening for any sounds. It was late enough that Mother probably wasn't awake, but better safe than sorry. 

Hearing nothing, he took the keys out from the insides of the front rug, opening the door as slowly as possible. Just as he thought, Mother was probably asleep in her room as the lights were all off. Very quietly, he left all but one of the sandwiches he bought in the fridge, and he went to his and nee-chan's room, careful to open the door. As he slipped inside the room, he also took care to lock the door like they always did when it was the two of them inside.

"Nee-chan, I'm back!" Tetta greeted quietly, not wanting to wake up Mother in his excitement. 

His older sister was sitting laying in her bed like usual, curled up and eyes open but not quite there. She didn't look his way, but that was okay. 

"I got a sandwich for us to share, and some water," he said, opening the plastic bag to place the water bottles on the one desk inside their room, and to take out the wrapped sandwich. His eyes lingered on the one photo on nee-chan's desk.

A little girl, held preciously between Mother and her father. She smiled, bright and happy.

Tetta had never seen nee-chan smile.

He began to talk about his day, taking half of the sandwich and sitting on the floor against his desk, "..and the store lady was really nice, complimented me for being such a good little brother. Am I, nee-chan?"

She stayed silent for a few moments, before finally rising from her bed, quietly answering, "You are."

And gently, she rested her hand on his head; still not looking at him, not even once. Her eyes were red and puffy again.