Chapter 37

Sara slept through that night unlike any she had in a while. She stretched in her bed. The doctor had discharged her, and she slept soundly in her own bed. She scratched her head and felt like taking a shower. She had the hot water on full blast, coating her body in small burns. She felt like she could breathe.

She put on her uniform. Maria stirred in her bed. She looked over and rubbed her eyes.

"What time is it?"

"Almost nine in the morning."

"You're awake early."

"I am? Couldn't tell."

Sasha looked excited. Sara scratched her cheeks.

"I wonder if I should brush your fur?"

Sasha tilted her head. Sara laughed and rubbed her head.

"Don't worry. Your fur is fine."

"Wolves are just really big dogs with nice fur," Maria said.

"That's true. Hey, I'm gonna go to the sim deck and check out the decorations. Want to come with?"

"No, thank you. Dad is going to come pick me up for the ceremony."

She laughed.

"What's funny?"

"It's like you're a princess, and now you will be a queen."

"So much for tiarras, huh?"

"I feel like we should land on Earth and have a real ceremony on the ground. Like at a beach."

"The computer is running scans on the planet to check if it's survivable. Besides, I think everyone on the ship wants to have a party. Let's give them one."

"Parties are fun."

"Yes, they are."

She took the elevator and walked into the simulation. Mr. Haas and Cassidy were chatting back and forth with each other, scenes changing so much it was disorienting. Sasha shook her fur in discomfort.

"The blue orchids signify fertility. Perfect for a young woman," Haas said.

"Damien," Cassidy said. "Orchids are nice, but what about the traditional white rose? They represent purity, and Sara is as pure as they come. Those are the best for her."

There was a small table with a vase sitting on it. When either of them made a suggestion, a boquet of the spoken flower filled the vase.

"Why not both?"

Sara's mention switched the flowers around, filling with a mix of white roses and blue orchids.

"Hmm... that's not bad," Damien said.

"Sorry, Sara. We're just discussing color schemes. One of my brother's favotire passtimes."

"I love decorating, okay? These sim decks make it easy to do that."

He looked at the vase.

"Um, darker shade of blue, please."

They glossed over with the command.

"They're pretty," Sara said, "but I was thinking of something else. Something with more... purple."

"Purple? That's a stupid color."

"A friend mentioned something about royalty, and it gave me the idea. I want purple, and lots of it."

"Oh, great. The power has gone to her head!" Cassidy said. "We're doomed!"

IsolationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara