Chapter 43- remaining

Remaining

Remaining

Sadhvi's POV

After remaining in the same position for the last twenty minutes my ass felt numb, but I was scared to make the baby cry again.

The new mother he has made me was scared to make her baby cry, because of her, the moment my heart cried for him I promised myself, today was the last he would cry.

I was to become a mother after seven months but destiny has blessed me in its own way. I have a life inside of me and a life in my arms at the same time.

My hands were suddenly full and I had everything.

I felt complete. Fully satisfied.

Sitting here in my car I saw a whole movie of me giving birth to a life while carrying a life in my arms.

“You are mine”
I promised and kissed his cheek

A heard a honk from the other side of the road and it wasn’t even a second when I saw him stepping out of the back seat of his white car.

The moment his eyes landed on mine vehicle at the corner and soon at me inside, through the glass window, his face revealed how worked up my cry over phone had made him, he wasted no second and ran upto me from the other side of the road.

I was counting his steps. Maybe was eager to share this with him as well.

Avrudh sprinted, literally at that, soon unlocked my car door and opened it to see me, he heaved a huge sigh and crouched in front of me. I started crying automatically.

Avrudh without asking what is in my arms covered with my scarf was, cupped both of my cheeks and kissed my forehead,
“Why are you crying?”

He pulled back and looked into my eyes and scanning my body for any possible injury asking,
“Are you hurt somewhere?”

I shook my head and turned to face him properly still crying as it was his face only which I needed to see and all the feelings came rushing out, I gulped motioning him to the life I have in my arms.

With furrowed eyebrows Avrudh ran a hand through my head and then tried to take the scarf off my body revealing the baby..

I smiled when Avrudh pulled back with a shock, “What?” “How?”

He looked baffled and I cried even harder, “He…he was inside that box” I pointed out and cried keeping my face in Avrudh’s neck, “His mother left him there… I- I don’t… for how long”

Avrudh hugged me and kissed my forehead repeatedly as if to assure me he is here for me. “How can people be so brutal, the dogs were surrounding, what if… what if they…”

“Shush… don’t think too much. Nothing happened, you were right there at the right time. Okay?”

I continued crying when he rubbed my back again.