Chapter 13: Home Again (part 1)

Ford's POV
(Slightly mature content in the beginning, skip to Y/N's POV if you aren't comfortable with it)

  She... said yes.  She said yes!  I grin as I put the ring on her finger and pull her in for a kiss.  She kept grinning into the kiss, causing me to grin as well.  I lightly touched my forehead to hers.  "I love you so much, Y/N."

  "I love you too, Fordsie." 

  I wrapped my arms around her and laid down, causing her to lay on top of me.  She squeaked in surprise.  I chuckled as I played with her hair.  "You've made me the happiest man alive, I hope you know that." 

  Y/N nuzzled my neck.  "And you've made me the happiest woman." 

  We laid there, holding each other in pure bliss.  I eventually looked at my watch and sighed.  "We should get to the hotel.  It's starting to get late and we gotta start driving pretty early to get to Glass Shard Beach."  I sat up with her still in my lap, legs on either side of me.  I noticed her blushing.  Before I could ask Y/N what she was thinking about, she hesitantly started to kiss my neck.  I felt my breath hitch.  I held her closer to me as I began to reciprocate.  I could feel myself getting aroused, but when she rolled her hips I couldn't help but groan.  I pulled away and panted.  She was panting too, and her pupils were blown wide.  "N-not here."  I managed to stutter. 

  Y/N pouted a little.  "Alright."  She got off of me and held her hand out to help me up. 

  I gratefully took her hand and stood up.  I looked down at myself.  Oh crap.  I blushed deeply and desperately tried to think of anything other than what had just happened. 

  She snickered.  "Having some trouble there?"  She flashed me a mischievous grin before bending over to pick up our stuff. 

  "Y/N... you're killing me here."

  She gave me a coy look.  "Whatever do you mean, Stanford?" 

  I kissed her a bit roughly.  "We'll continue at hotel."  I said huskily.  "But for now can you please stop toying with me?"

  Y/N laughed.  "Okay I'll stop."

  "Good."  We packed up the blanket and plates into the trunk and got into the car.  "Next stop: the drug store." 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Y/N's POV
The Next Morning

  I wake up feeling slightly sore and cold.  I frowned and turned over to see that Ford wasn't in bed with me.  I sat up to look at the time.  6:00 AM.  We should be heading out soon. Just then I heard the door open. Ford approached the bed and gave me a loving kiss.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He grinned as he set a caffeinated drink and a muffin on the bedside stand. "We need to get going so get dressed."

  I sat up and yawned.  "Alright."  I got off the bed and changed as quickly as I could. Ford never took his eyes off of me for a second. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Fordsie, you're staring."

He sighed happily. "I know." He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me sweetly. "I just can't believe how lucky I am to have someone as amazing as you." He smiled as he tucked a lock of hair behind my ear and gave me a look of adoration.

I blushed.  "I could say the same about you, Stanford." 

  He chuckled.  "Let's get going, I'm sure both of our moms are eager to see us." 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

  As we got out of the car in front of the pawn shop, I could feel my heart pounding.  "Stanford, did you tell them that you were going to propose to me?" 

  "Well..."

  "Stanford!  Y/N!"  I heard Caryn call out from the second story window.  She quickly rushed out of view and came out of the shop in a matter of seconds.  She hugged Ford and I tightly.  "Oh how I missed you both!"  She let go of us and grinned before taking my left hand and inspecting it.  "It looks so beautiful on you, Y/N."  Caryn patted my hand.  "You know, when Ford called to tell us that we was going to propose I was so ecstatic.  He always had feelings for you, you know.  I don't think he was aware of it when you two were in middle school, but it was so cute how he would blush and stutter when talking about you-"

  "Ma." 

  "He even wanted to ask you to prom as his date-"

  "MOM!"  Ford was so red that he looked like he was about explode from embarrassment. 

  Caryn laughed.  "Alright alright I'll stop.  Come inside, you two."  She went and held the door for us as we walked in together. 

  "What stopped you?"  I asked Stanford.

  "Hmm?"

  "From asking me to prom as a date.  Why didn't you do it?"

  His eyes became distant as he muttered, "Stan stopped me."

  "Oh."  An air of tension fell between us for a moment before I took his hand and kissed his cheek.  "It doesn't matter now.  You have me and that will never change." 

  He smiled softly.  "Thanks, Y/N." 

  As he pushed open the door to the living room, it hit me just how much I missed Glass Shard Beach. Or rather, the childhood I had here. When we weren't in school we were always either on the beach, at Ford's place, or at my place. The three of us were inseparable... I looked at Ford, and I could tell he was thinking the same thing. I squeezed his hand.

Suddenly I was enveloped in a tight hug, startling me into letting go of Ford's hand. "Sweetheart, I'm so happy you're home!"

"Elise? What are you doing here?" I asked.

When she let go of me, I could tell she was radiating happiness. "Caryn and I have gotten to be pretty close since you two went away. Especially now that we're going to be in-laws." She winked at Stanford.

I turned to him. "Did you tell her or did your mom tell her?"

"Well..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "She was the first to know. I asked her permission to marry you."

Elise beamed. "He didn't really need to, I've always approved of you two." She pinched our cheeks lightly. "It's like you were made for each other. Isn't that right, Caryn?" She called out to Mrs. Pines.

"Definitely!"

I blushed. "Mom..."

"I'm sorry." Elise chuckled. "You two probably need to freshen up and get some rest." She kissed my cheek. "We're all having dinner together, so I'll see you later."  She waved as she descended down the steps. 

A/N:

I know it's a rather abrupt ending to the chapter, but the chapter is already pretty long compared to my other ones.  The next chapter should go up sometime soon, I'm getting back into the swing of things.

-Rynn