Chapter 45🖤

About 15 minutes later, both Kyle and I finished eating and we headed upstairs to get dressed to go into town. I pick out my light baby blue striped shirt and a pair of old blue jeans. I quickly pull my hair into a messy bun and wait on the bed while Kyle gets dressed.

He comes walking out of the bedroom wearing a white shirt and light blue jeans with a few holes in them. The shirts are a little tight showing the musicals on his arms and I'll admit my husband looks damn good.

"Alright, baby. Are you ready to go? You will remember to be good, right?" He comes up to me, and kisses my nose softly.

"Yes. I don't want to get any of the family members in trouble. They have been nothing but welcoming towards me." I tell him, and I mean it. I won't say a word. I'm starting to feel at home with these people and I don't want to ruin it.

"Good girl. Come on baby. Let's go" He murmurs grabbing my hand and leading me out the bedroom down the hall.

Kyle pushes the kitchen door open and his mother is sitting at the table looking to be sorting out some type of seedy-looking things.

"Oh good, I was about to come to find you, sweetie. We will need 3 hens and 1 rooster. I was going through my seeds seeing what I had left from the garden and it is not much sadly. I'll need some more carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes." She says as she writes it all down on a list and hands the paper to Kyle, and some money.

"Please don't forget anything, Kyle. Izzy and I will be working on the garden tomorrow to get it going" she says sternly before pulling him into a hug. "Be careful son and watch your new wife" she whispers in his ear, I almost don't hear it.

He steps out of her hug "It will be fine momma. Try not to worry." He tells her, before kissing her cheek.

"Come on, babe. Let's head down the mountain. You may enjoy the view now that you are not as nervous" He says, grabbing my hand and wrapping the rope around it and his left one. "Once we can all trust you, we won't need to do this anymore. I'll take it off once we get in my dad's truck but in the campground, we must be attached"

"I understand," I tell him and follow behind him out the door.

Looking around like Kyle said I'm enjoying the view and taking a deep breath of fresh air. The flowers and the gardens make the air smell good. I see family members tending their gardens or tending to their animals. Some goats, some have chickens and some have pigs. I think Kyle told me this morning everyone shares what food they have. I find it very nice to be involved in a family like that.

I see little kids playing around what looks like a hand-built playground with swings and all. Their laughter can be heard all around the camp, people look back towards them and smile.

At first, I really thought this would be like a cult but it's not, it really is a family and so far I'm really happy to be a part of it. Sure they are cannibals but I guess I am one too being I've been eating with them. I'm not fond of it but I'm starting to fall for my husband and the family is amazing. I'm happy.