Chapter 52🖤

Everyone's getting ready to go hunting, I'm following Kyle around the house holding things as he hands them to me. He grabs a few snacks from the fridge and slips them inside a small backpack.

"I'll see what I have that may fit you, baby," he says going towards our shared closet. Um, did he just say what I think he said? He doesn't mean to take me with him, right? I have never been hunting and hunting for humans? I don't know about this. No, I just want to stay home.

"Kyle, look, I've never been hunting-" I start to explain and apologize about me not wanting to go, but he gently cuts me off.

"I know, baby, remember I promised you I would teach you to hunt. Well, this is the perfect time. The family needs the meat before winter hits" He murmurs talking low and pulling me against his arm.

His strong arms wrap tightly around me and kiss my face all over softly. "You have been amazing at everything you have done before, baby. You will be okay. I'll be with you the whole time." He whispers before kissing my lips, softly.

"I just don't know if I'm ready" I murmur against his lips. I don't think I'm ready for this.  I just got over skinning a man's arm much less killing someone I don't know if I have this in me.

"I think you're ready, baby. Listen, do you want our family to starve Izzy?" He asks me in a gentle tone.

"No, no, Kyle, of course not-"

"Then you will bring back some meat. It's what we all have to do baby to keep our family well-fed and healthy." He whispers, as he rubs his nose in slow circles around mine.

"Alright, Kyle." I finally, relent. Maybe I can do this. It's for my new family after all.

"Good girl" He smirks and goes back into his closet and starts handing me clothes to put on.

A few minutes later, we were both dressed in old camouflage clothes and he put face paint on my face. "When it comes time to shoot baby, I'll help you" he smiles as he looks me over. "You're looking so beautiful, right now"

"T-Thank you" I whisper

"No, I mean it, Izzy. I know you were forced into this not having much of a choice but I'm really happy with our marriage. You are kind and thoughtful and oh so beautiful. I could stare at you all day" He murmurs running his fingers through my hair.

"I'm really happy with you, Kyle. I wasn't at first. I was scared and confused about my feelings but the more time we spend together the more I find myself falling for you" I whisper back at him wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Come on, baby. The family all meets outside before the hunt begins" He says, and gently pulls me behind him walking through the house out the front door.

I see most of the men in the family except for Danny and the smaller boys dressed in camo clothing. I guess they are all going on the hunt too.

Rachel walks up to me and Kyle and hugs us both tightly. "Here. My mother gave me this on my first hunt and being my first daughter you should have it. I know it's only a hat but it means a lot to me" she whispers and smiles pulling it on my head.

"Thank you, Rachel. That means a lot to me. I'll take care of it" I smile up at her before wrapping my arms around her and giving her a small hug.

"You're welcome, dear. Yall have a goodnight, and I wish you both happy hunting"

"Alright. The hunt is about to begin. You all have a goodnight and bring the family back some MEAT" Danny yells out, causing the other family members to start chanting the word meat over and over as the ones going hunting start yelling, raising their weapons towards the sky.