Chapter 26- Trapped

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

Amara Thorne

"I don't give a shit," I reply.

As I watch Adriano choosing a bottle, I let myself fall on the armchair and put my hands on the table that is in the middle of the room.

After choosing a suitable one and taking two glasses with him, he comes up to me and sits down on the other side of the table to face me.

He opens the bottle while still having a grin on his face.

He fills the two glasses almost to the brim and holds one out to me. I take it.

I did everything I could and soon the first guests will be gone anyways.

I can drink now.

I lift it to my lips and so does Adriano.

I let sip after sip run down my throat, not stopping once.

I miss the burning sensation that I only feel when I drink stronger alcohol, but I also love the feeling of heat rising up my head.

I can't even remember the last time I sat in such silence.

The thick walls isolate us from the noises that are made above us.
Only our breath can be heard.

We put down our glasses, which have already been emptied.

Adriano doesn't say anything, just looks at me questioningly and holds the wine bottle in his hand. I don't answer, I look straight ahead, but I know that he understands me when I can hear him refilling both glasses.

Without even looking I lift my arm and reach it out to the side. Only seconds later he puts the glass in my hand.

As I want to take it he places his other hand over mine and keeps me from lifting it to my lips.

I frown at him, as he studies my face.

"When they saw each other a few weeks ago, you weren't surprised by his reaction. You knew about them?!" Adriano states.

"Of course," I reply and when his grip loosens, I take the glass away from him.

"It's nearly unbelievable that you never found out. It's so obvious. I have never seen someone being so desperately in love with someone else." I add, biting my inner cheek as I talk about Darius and my best friend.

"Since when? I didn't even fucking know that they have known each other." Adriano asks.

Why the fuck does he even care about that?

He could just ask Darius.

"On my sixteenth birthday. It only lasted a few months. They weren't even really together. They were just... I don't know. Them?" I try to explain.

Their love is so unique and strong, there are no words in the world that could describe the way they feel for each other.

A bond that will last forever.

"I have noticed it. I thought I was just... I don't know. I thought I was seeing things that weren't there. He smiled. Way more than ever before and then... the happiness was gone. I didn't think about it but even if I had, I would have never considered that it was a girl who was the cause of it. So fucking dumb of me. It's so goddamn obvious, now." He says, shaking his head.