Chapter 55- Rescue

Adriano Calvetti

"Does everyone know what to do?" I ask through my security headset, as we hide at the back of the building.

One after another I hear yes, boss from every single one of my men.

6 weeks.

6 weeks since I have last seen her.

Now I am gonna get her back and spend the rest of our lives making it up to her.

"Good, you better do. Don't you dare come alive out of this building when she isn't. You won't be for long. Your only job is to get her out of here alive and kill whoever is in the way." I say as I watch the guards standing in front of the back entrance through binoculars.

"Permission to start the mission, boss?"

"Yes," I reply and then everything moves in time-lapse.

One guard after another... one bang after another.

Blood, sweat, pain.

And most of all...adrenaline.

"I am in. Are you already on the second floor?" I ask Flavio through my microphone.

"Yes, boss. Second floor, right-wing. I can see four guards; they are running to the stairs. We are gonna knock them out before they can get to you." He responds and goes silent.

Screaming.

Gunshots.

I wait around the corner and as a guard with a gun in his hand wants to turn I kick his weapon to the floor and put a bullet in his head.

I run down the corridor, four of my man behind me.

"Flavio, you still there?" I ask.

After a few seconds of silence, I can hear a groan.

"Flavio, man. Answer me." I whisper-yell only seconds before I ram my fist into a man's face.

Another punch.

And another punch.

He is on the floor and with two shots in his upper body, he is dead.

"Yes, boss. I am here. I- I have been shot in my left leg and L- Luciano is dead." He groans out in pain.

Shit.

"Where the fuck are you? How bad is it?" I ask, running down the stairs.

Bodies on the floor.

Death.

Death.

Death.

No Amara.

"I am bleeding heavy but I am tying it off. The second floor is cleaned. I have lost 12 men here but we killed about 35 of theirs."

"Ok. Hold on, man. Try to get out of here as soon as possible. Emmanuel is- Fuck." I groan out as I can feel the sting in my shoulder.

I look around and see a man walking fast towards me, gun aimed at my head. Before he can shoot another shot, Mateo puts a bullet in his head.

"Boss?"

"Yeah, I have been shot in my fucking shoulder. I can hear shootings from the left-wing. Emmanuel and his men are clearing this one. My group will search for Amara now." I hiss out, the pain increasing from every second.

My blood is dripping onto the floor.

"Boss, are you sure we shouldn't search for her and you get out of here?" Emmanuel suddenly speaks up through his microphone.