{4}

{Jasper's POV!}

My siblings and I watched as Edward ran towards Bella, to save her from the oncoming van. I felt fear coming from Bella and the girl. Suddenly, determination came from the girl as she stood in front of Bella, ready for the oncoming van. We all watched as Edward pushed Bella out of the way as the female vampire held out her hands, stopping the van. She started to run, but looked back and made eye contact with me.

Time seemed to stop as her golden brown eyes met mine. Fear, surprise, and confusion came rushing from her like waves. I felt Alice pull on my arm, making me break eye contact with the girl to look at Alice. I look back to see the girl was gone.

"Jasper. We need to go." Alice said.

I look over at Bella and then to Edward who is also running away as I go to get in the car. I sit in silence, not wanting to speak about what happened. I looked out the window to see the girl running in the forest, slightly in the same direction as us, except she was going further into the forest.

"Jasper, she means no harm." Alice says, also looking at the girl.

We get to the house as Rosalie is at the hospital with Edward and Carlisle. I walk into my room and shut my door, wanting to be alone. Why? Why did it happen? Who is she? She is a new vampire, so why is she so calm around humans? Why is she on our territory? Why am I affected by her eye contact? Questions rushed through my mind, but I didn't have any answers.

I hear and smell Alice walking up to my room. I don't bother to look at the door and continue to look out the window. The door opens and Alice jumps onto the daybed couch. I feel excitement from her and turn to look at her, confused.

"There is a field trip tomorrow! Aren't you excited?" Alice says.

"Not really." I answer.

Alice goes to speak but stops. I look at her and furrow my eyebrows.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's the girl... she is going on the trip." Alice says as excitement comes back. "We can talk to her!"

I frown and look at Alice with a skeptical look. I didn't think it was a good idea, the girl was scared of us and ran from us everytime we were close or in the same room as her. I stand up to go hunt when Alice stops me.

"Hunt on the far East side, I had seen some big bucks there." she says with a smile before bouncing off, out of my room.

I raise an eyebrow before shaking my head and walk out of the house. I do end up going to the far East side and I do find some big bucks. The rain masks my smell as it does with other smells. I'm about to get the buck when I see a blur and the girl vampire grabs the buck's antlers with a smile on her face as the deer starts trying to buck her off. I smirk a little, playing with her food, poor manners. I can't help but let out a small chuckle.

Finally, the girl uses the antlers to twist the deer's head around, snapping the neck. As the deer falls, she jumps off of it and bends down next to it. I move only slightly, but her head snaps up and we make eye contact. Again, time seems to slow down as we look into each other's eyes. Suddenly, she lifts up the deer and I remember what happened last time with the deer and put a calm feeling over her. She puts the deer down, but the calm feeling doesn't last long and she runs away.