{5}

{Y/N's POV!}

I ran back to the cabin, horrified about what happened. I panicked, then suddenly I was calm, like someone was messing with my emotions. Jasper, that meant he was more of a threat to me than before. I ran into the cabin and quickly shut the door. I sunk down to the floor, the thought of not going to the field trip was tempting, but I knew there was probably an assignment over it. I sighed and stood up, going to my room. I sat curled up into a ball on the worn out mattress with the old blanket covering my body. I decided I want to sleep to pass the time because I had nothing else to do.

I wake up with a start, having a nightmare. Why did I even have a dream? I stand up and decide to change my clothes. I put on a black tank top and put on a grey sweater with jeans that had a few rips in them. I smile when I put the jeans on, remembering how I got them. The mountain lion was fun to hunt. I decided to put on my worn out sneakers again before grabbing my bag.

I wait outside the school when I see Bella. I walk up to her and smile. She sees me and smiles slightly, but she goes back to looking at Edward. I wave my hand in front of her face with a frown on mine.

"Huh?" Bella said, looking at me.

"Could I sit with you on the bus?" I asked.

"Oh, um, sure." Bella says.

We get on the bus after giving Mr. Molina our permission slips. I was nervous because I had forged my parents' signature. A wave of sadness and loneliness washed over me as I stepped onto the bus. Suddenly, I felt calmness settle inside me and I turned to see Jasper looking at me. Fear rose inside me as I hurried to sit with Bella. We talked and laughed, for once, I didn't feel completely alone.

"Hey, Y/N... can I ask you something?" Bella asked.

"Um, sure." I say quietly.

"How did you stop the van yesterday?" she asked.

I stop, fear and dread come washing over me.

"Um... I don't know... I barely remember what happened." I lied. "Everything seemed to go by so fast, my mind didn't seem to process what was happening, but I do remember seeing Edward running towards you."

"You saw him?" Bella asked, turning to me.

"Yeah. Didn't you?" I asked, trying to cover up both Edward and me.

Though I didn't really like the Cullens, I would still try to keep their secret hidden as I hope they would do the same for me.

"No, I didn't. But when I asked him, he said that he wouldn't have been able to stop the van if you weren't there to help him." Bella said.

I sent a quiet thanks to Edward for helping me cover it up. I nod and purposely shake my hands as if to make it seem like I was reliving what happened. Bella put a hand on mine and gasped.

"You are so cold!" she said.

"I always am. I don't know why. I have been since I was a kid." I said, only partially lying.

I walk with Bella in the Community College Greenhouse, barely paying attention to Mr. Molina and admiring the plants more. I turn to talk to Bella but see her walking up to Edward. I sigh, a little disappointed, but go back to looking at the plants. I freeze when I smell Jasper behind me. I slowly stand up and turn around, not making eye contact with him.

"Aren't those ferns sensitive to touch?" Jasper says.

"Mimosa pudica are sensitive to the slightest touch." I responded quietly.

Jasper smiles and I sneak a glance up at him. I turn away quickly and accidentally touch the Mimosa pudica. I watch in awe as they start to curl in on itself. I smile, but remember Jasper and straighten my back.

"I'm not here to hurt you." Jasper whispers.

I turn to look at him. Trying to find any fault in what he said. I sigh, letting my guard down slightly. I was still cautious of him and his family, but only smelled Jasper near me. I saw his family ahead of us and calmed down slightly.

"What do you want from me?" I ask Jasper, turning to him.

Jasper was quiet and stopped to look at me. I stopped and saw we were alone. I was a bit nervous, not knowing why he stopped. Jasper looked at me in the eyes and I shifted my weight from foot to foot.

"I want to get to know you." he finally said, catching me off guard.

" he finally said, catching me off guard