Chapter : 64

The door to the room opened startling Ritwik. There stood Pratima ji.

"Leaving already?" She asked looking at his packed up luggage.

"Leaving. Your Dev decided not to imprison me, after all." He said smiling sarcastically.

"Then why don't you destroy those paintings for good? Keeping them with you will only increase the burden you're bearing in your heart beta." She suggests.

"You're wrong for the first time Pratima ji. I can do many a things but destroying these means destroying my soul. She runs in my veins. I can destroy the paintings but I have to destroy myself to keep her away from me." He responded looking at one of the paintings.

"You know what? I always wanted to see you fall for someone, have a happy life, a happy family. The words you're uttering today are the words that could've made your life but the realization that you both are so much in love with the same girl changes everything. I hate to see you losing your first love like this. I wish you move on and find someone way better than that insane girl." Pratima ji said wiping her tears.

"That's not possible Pratima ji. I am not the guy who falls for someone that easily. I grew up loving her. She is a part of my heart that I have to leave back here. I hope she gets what she deserves here with Dev. But I can only do that much. My heart will always crave for her, even if she is married to my brother. So I'm leaving, for good. Tell my brother to take care of her because if he dares to treat her badly that'll be his last day on earth." He smiles.

"Is it really necessary to leave for good? You can always come here. I know Dev he might never talk to you again but he won't stop you from coming here." Pratima ji spoke.

"You crazy old woman. Do you want me to come here and kidnap your beloved "bahu" again? I hope not. Because let me be very clear, I have zero self control infront of Teressa. I don't know what I might do again to keep her to myself. I love her.. way more than you all can imagine. So bid me a goodbye and stay happily here. I'll keep contact with you, because my assumptions say Manik will never be able to talk to me after I almost killed Dev. That's what he and everyone else should do. But I request you to receive my phone call once in a blue moon." He said as he picked up the rucksack bag.

"Yes. Stay safe beta. And give my phone numbers to your friends. Incase of any emergencies." Pratima ji said as he nodded. Coming forward he pulled Pratima ji into a bear hug.

"I hope I could have you with me always. I feel lonely sometimes, you know. Take care of yourself and my Teressa, Pratima ji." Giving a last glance to the room he released a deep sigh and opened the door.

¤¤¤¤¤

"Pihu beta, how are you feeling now?" Pratima ji almost ran to the emerging figures of Pihu, Manik and Teressa.

"Fine, Pratima ji." She answered and gestured towards Teressa with her eyes. Pratima ji already knew how she might find her and to her surprise she looked worse.

"Manik, take Teressa to her room. Pihu, can you help her freshen up?" Pratima ji asked.

"Of course. I'll go upstairs with them then." She said.

"Is he here?" Teressa asked through her hoarse voice. Her voice held no emotions, no feelings, no usual warmth. It hurt Pratima ji to see her that way.

"Ritwik left." Pratima ji answered. Manik's head snapped towards her.

"He left? Without even facing me?" He asked. The pain and anger in his voice surprised Pratima ji.

"He left this for both of you. Give this to Teressa when she freshens up." She extended her hand that held two envelopes.

"I have nothing to do with him." Saying so Teressa strolled towards the staircase. Her rudeness wasn't surprising for Pratima ji, for she knew she was accusing herself for everything that happened to Dev today. The pain she was bearing inside herself was coming out that way. After all who will spare the person who tried to kill their beloved.

However, Pratima ji handed both the envelopes to Manik as he nodded in response.

¤¤¤¤¤

"What the hell are you doing Dev?" Arjun shouted.

"There is no time to explain. I need to leave, now! And you have to drive me back to my mansion, now. I am already late because of these fucking medicines." He said as he pulled out the dripper needle out of his wrist. His chiseled, bare upper body had a thick white bandage wrapped around his torso. The muscles on his broad shoulders kept bulging up and down as he moved the things here and there in search of his hoodie.

"That's impossible. The hospital would count me responsible if anything happens to you. I simply can't! Stay here." Arjun said pointing his finger to the bed.

"Are you challenging me Arjun? Because I don't want to have anymore fights brother." Dev sighed. "Please take me to the mansion, take me to her. I have my reasons. And my assumption will not let me rest. Take me to her please." His rich and sincere voice pleaded.

"What is that you're assuming?" Arjun asked furrowing his eyebrows in question.

"You'll get to see. See, I wouldn't have asked you if I could drive myself. Because it seems difficult I'm asking for your help. Help me. I can't be late. Take me to her before she does something crazy. Please." He pleaded again. The honey brown eyes screamed sincerity that Arjun couldn't deny.

Arjun kept driving the car in the middle of the night. It's always difficult to drive at night times in the mountain areas, but last time he did it, he realized how right this man was, the man sitting right beside him. If they reached Teressa's place even after a few minutes, everything could've been finished by then. Glancing back at Dev's figure he turned his face towards the road.

The pain in his stomach was increasing with every single jerking of the car. He kept his eyes closed as he kept on biting on his lower lip to bear the pain. The Adam's apple bobbed everytime he gulped down the pain forcefully. Above all the dark hoodie he was wearing offered no particular comfort against the bone chilling cold.

"Hey, you okay? Or we can still turn around Dev?" Arjun offered.

"No! I am doing totally fine man.. just drive, you just drive us to her. That's it." He said without even opening his eyes.

¤¤¤¤¤

They crossed the fountain, that stood in the centre of their whole compound and parked infront of the main staircase of Nagpati mansion. The moment the car stopped Dev jumped out of it and rushed inside, as if he was not stabbed in the stomach, as if there was no pain in his body. The only emotion his whole body exuded was fear. Fear of losing her again. His honey brown orbs kept searching for her as he pushed the door and found it already open. He entered only to find the guards asleep on their respective chairs. His heart started thumping inside his chest. The pain was long forgotten. All he wanted was to find Teressa sitting somewhere or sleeping on her bed. That would've been enough for him. Without wasting another second he took the stairs, without noticing the bloody stain his injured stomach was leaving on his hoodie and with every stair it was getting bigger. He ran towards her room like a madman, as if his life depended on seeing her peacefully sleeping. The closer he got to her room the more his eyes teared up. The fear started overpowering his senses.

He stood behind the door for a few seconds controlling his emotions before he slowly pushed the door open. And as if immediately his lower lip went under his teeth, his hold on the door tightened and the tears he was so trying to keep to himself poured out of his  eyes. Fear, rage, hopelessness and above all the inexplicable amount of love for that curly haired girl made his whole body shake uncontrollably.

"I won't let you do this to me. Do you hear me, Teressa Brown?! I won't ever let you do this to me!" Grabbing a handful of his hair with one of his hands he screamed insanely.

-------------------
Dear readers,
If you like my story, feel free to  support it by Voting, Commenting, Sharing and Following.

Love, Puja.😘