Chapter 32. Blood Rose

"I had forgotten." She explained as she felt her cheeks flush red. "I was thinking that maybe we could spend time together on my birthday."

She couldn't bring herself to ask him if Louis and Opal could come along. However, seeing his smile grow wider relieved her worries. Maybe he'd actually agree to it?

"Of course, there will be a ball to celebrate."

He was expecting to see her excited, but instead her brows were furrowed into a frown.

"Do vampires have birthday celebrations?" She asked as she looked puzzled.

"Turned vampires celebrate the day they were turned, but for purebloods..." He paused for a second. "They only celebrate a birthday every century or so."

It made sense to her they wouldn't celebrate a birthday every single year. Vampires didn't cherish time as much as humans did therefore there was no need.

"I don't think the vampire nobles would be too fond attending a ball celebrating my birthday considering I'm a human."

"Vampires love celebrations, regardless of the reason." He said hoping his words would reassure her. "Nobody will disrespect you, especially not in my presence."

Despite her attempt to change his mind he remained adamant.

"You'll receive many lavish gifts, does that not excite you?" He turned her chin with his hand to face him.

Gifts were only valuable if they came from people who cared or even knew her. She hated talking to the nobles and they probably hated her just as much. She was grateful Nathan accepted her as a human, but that meant the nobles would continue to treat her differently for the rest of her life.

"Maybe I'm worrying over nothing." She said with a smile. "If it makes you happy I'll go."

He had done so much for her, maybe just once she could let go of her feelings just to make him happy

He brought his hand to tuck a hair behind her ear and placed a kiss on her cheek. Although the action brought butterflies to her stomach, she was still upset and anxious.

"Your food is getting cold."

Lord Nathaniel wasn't oblivious, he recognised the face she made when she was upset but didn't want it to show. It would be her special day and he would ensure nothing would go wrong therefore there was nothing to worry about.

The girl got up from his lap and returned back to her seat to finish her meal. The rest of that evening was in silence, she concluded there was nothing else to discuss until a thought popped up a while later.

"Are you going to tell Lord Magnus that you're not turning me into a vampire?"

"Eventually." He replied casually leaning back in his seat.

Obviously he knew his uncle would be furious hearing the news, but it didn't matter to him. However, what did matter was how she would react with what he had to say next.

"That's not all." He said as he straightened. "Tomorrow you'll be visiting my uncle's mansion to meet my aunt, I think perhaps one lesson a week on vampire etiquette would be good for you."

Her eyes widened hearing this, he was agreeing with what his uncle said?

"I thought you didn't care what he thought yet you're taking his advice?" She gripped her skirt feeling angry yet hurt at the same time.

"I'm not taking his advice." He corrected her.

It still felt insulting that he would send her there. Did he think she wasn't well mannered enough? If thats what he wanted then why would he choose a peasant girl like her?