Chapter 14. Lords and Ladies

Sorry it's been a while! I'm finished with exams now so hopefully, I can return to uploading chapters more frequently. Enjoy :)

Olivia watched her reflection in the vanity mirror. She was wearing a long turquoise gown that hugged and accentuated her curves. Her dark hair was wrapped in a high bun with several loose strands falling over her face. Norma helped her with her makeup, not that the girl really needed any, applying only a bit of blush and dark red lipstick to finish off the look.

Olivia placed her hands on her desk as Norma helped tighten her corset behind her. She wondered what the ball would be like, assuming there wouldn't be as many people compared to the last one she attended. Only Lords and Ladies, as well as a few dukes and duchesses, would be attending. Perhaps a few servants and knights would be there too, so she wouldn't technically be the only human there.

Norma stepped back as she smiled at the girl, proudly crossing her arms.

"You look beautiful Olivia." She complimented. "My work here is done."

Olivia gushed at Norma's words. Hopefully, she would fit in with the other women who would be at the ball. Although she truly believed she was nowhere near as beautiful as them, her dress was convincing enough to paint her as a woman of the upper class, something she knew she would never be.

"Now let's go." She rushed as she pushed Olivia to the door. "We don't want to be late now do we?"

Olivia quietly shook her head as she followed. Once they had left her bedroom, Alistair, The Lord's butler was outside waiting patiently. Once he saw the girl, he gave an approving smile as he nodded. He took out his pocket watch, quickly putting it back as he realised they were slightly behind schedule. The girl followed him as he lead her through the castle hallways until eventually stopping when they entered an unfamiliar room. Olivia smiled once she saw Lord Nathaniel, who was leaning against a large wooden door, standing nonchalantly with his hands in his pockets.

Once his eyes landed on her, he simply couldn't look away. Not that he wanted to anyway. Olivia was always beautiful with her hair down, but with her hair tied up in a bun, her entire face had transformed. Her makeup emphasized her features, whilst simultaneously retaining that naturalness in her beauty. He felt his heart skip a beat when her icy blue eyes met his, feeling himself becoming ensnared by them. When she smiled at him with her beaming eyes, Nathaniel couldn't help but smile back. How could he not?

Alistair gave a quick nod and left, leaving the two alone together.

As she walked up to him, he watched her with admiration. Olivia had noticed he had only been looking at her face and not the dress since she had arrived.

"Perfect." He said with his deep velvety voice once she stood in front of him.

"Oh, the dress? Thank you, It's really lovely." She blushed.

He chuckled at how oblivious she was. Of course the dress was lovely, it was after all made by the best dressmaker in The Kingdom. It was her who he was referring to, but he decided to not say anything.

He shifted his hand towards her, and she felt blood rush to her cheeks when she felt his fingers intertwine with hers. Although his hand was much bigger than hers, they still fit perfectly together.

He squeezed her hand softly before pushing open the tall ornate doors, revealing a ballroom filled with aristocrat vampires in colourful dresses and suits. Most of them were engaged in conversation and gossip, only a few had turned their heads towards them and this was already enough to make her feel anxious. Her bottom lip trembled as she scanned the crowd, and she could feel her heart beating rapidly in her chest.