Chapter 24 [II]

Third POV
As news quickly spread, it was an opportunity for Floria. She wasn't gonna miss this chance to become the next queen of Oceania.
Her joy was over the moon, as long as the human girl was gone, the arranged marriage continues.
After all..
what's royalty without an arranged marriage?

Floria hold onto the arranged marriage proposal letter that was given by the deceased king and queen tightly while dancing around her bedroom which made her mom smile , the love and the luxury Floria could receive was what she ever dream of

"Finally!, my day has arrived!~"she thought to herself while grinning widely , however she stopped and sat down, there was only one problem...
"His king..." She muttered
"But he isn't a true king without a queen, his just a crowned prince..." Her mother reassured her while combing her brunette hair...

"Your highness, what are you doing?.." The little brunette girl questioned the black haired boy politely

"Playing.. ,do you want to play with me Floria?" the black haired boy replied

"Yes, your highness" she replied shyly as she swim with her little green tail towards him

"Oh my, look, My son and your daughter are getting along quite well" The queen said

As Floria's parents and Xero's parents chuckled at the sight of their children playing

As they grew up as teens, their parents were starting to talk more into marriage after all not only did they get along with each other well but the heir needs a wife soon..

After Fiona received an arranged marriage proposal from the royal castle, things between Fiona and Xero distant after a tragic incident happened between the royal family and the humans, that would forever scarred the kingdom...
Whenever Fiona tried to make contact with Xero,he ignored her. Leaving her upset and frustrated
"What did I do wrong!?" She whined on her bed, covering her face with her pillow in frustration.

After months of not contacting each other, news quickly spread about the prince loving a human girl.
Some were disgusted by it, they were planning to protest,however the king reassured them, that they'll take matters into actions.
However, Fiona was not happy upon hearing the news and reassurance. She was keen to take action and investigate it herself.

Every hour she waited while being hidden from all eyes, most of the days Xero didn't return to the castle until that very day, where he return but only to come out with blood stained on his tail while the guards followed him to the surface. She was taken a back after seeing the blood stains on his tail but she didn't thought much and followed him to the surface.

That's where she met the human girl, the sight of her made her disgust, envy and hate humans more than ever
"Why would he choose a pesky filthy human girl over me!?" She muttered herself in disbelief as she clench both of her fist in anger.
She couldn't think of any plans which made her even more frustrated.
She swam back to her home with distraught and decided to go back to the surface the next morning to investigate further...