0.4

Secrets chapter 4;

"If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges." - Pat Riley

-

"Hello Andrew, Joseph," I say while opening the fridge to get out the orange juice.

Andrew and Joseph look at each other, smirk, then nod. This can't be good.

They both run towards me and grab me, causing me to drop the orange juice bottle. Andrew quickly grabs my arms and put them behind my back while Joseph grabs the orange juice bottle. Joseph slowly unscrews the cap while I hear Andrew chuckling evilly behind me.

"If you are about to do what I think you are going to do, you will die," I say, staring at Joseph in the eyes.

"Hey, Brea, do you know what today is?" Joseph asks. I shake my head and never break eye contact with him.

"April Fools!" Joseph yells. In one quick movement, Andrew lets go of my arms and moves out of the way. That was just in time to not be hit by the orange juice that Joseph poured on my head.

I look at Joseph and see him rolling around on the kitchen floor, dying of laughter.

"I'm going to kill both of you! It's not even April Fools Day!" I yell as I stand up angrily. Sometimes, maybe all the time, I just want to kill my asshole step-brothers.

"Really, Brea. You wasted all the orange juice. Run to the grocery store and go get some more. But, first, clean up the mess," Marcus says while walking into the kitchen.

"Why do I have to go get the stupid orange juice! It was Joseph and Andrew's fault!" I yell at him while trying to squeeze the orange juice out of my hair and into the sink.

"They aren't the ones with orange juice all over them," Marcus says sternly.

"Oh my god. I'll happily leave as soon as I go wash my hair and change," I say while running up the stairs.

I take a quick shower and change into running shorts and a t-shirt. I grab my ear-buds and walk outside to the garage. I haven't had time to unload everything so I have no idea where my one source of happiness is; my long board. I'll just run.

I put on a song by Paramore and I start to run towards the grocery store, if I can just remember which way it was.

After 5 minutes of running I already feel lost. I look around and notice I'm not the the main part of the town anymore. Shit.

I hear ruffling of leaves and I quickly turn around towards it.

"Hello? Is somebody out there?" I call into the woods. Suddenly, two red eyes appeared out of no where. I gasp and take a step back. The animal that the red eyes belong to starts to walk towards me. The hell is that thing.

The animal starts to walk out of the forest, the red eyes feeling like they are staring right through me. As it comes closer, it's making me feel more and more pressured. I can see it's sharp teeth through the dark.

The animal is only three feet away from me and I know that if I make any sudden movement, it may attack me.

I slowly take one step back. I guess that one step set it off, because as soon as I did, the animal pounced at me.

Everything happened so fast. From almost being killed by this animal to it being tackled by another one that is much larger in size.

I quickly stand up, staring at the two animals fighting. As the smaller one runs away, the bigger one stares at me. This time, it walks closer to me.

It's like 11 in the morning, why is no on else out here but me?

It nestles it's head into my side, then quickly runs back into the woods. What the hell.

I start to run back to my house. Sorry, Marcus, looks like you aren't getting your orange juice this morning.

-

In honor of yesterday being April Fools Day. This chapter isn't that good, thought. I feel like it's just acting as an add in, but something important did happen in the woods, obviously.

Thanks for reading! Please vote/comment. Bye!!

-han xxoo