Chapter. 4

Chapter four: Angelo

Rain Winters

The person who stood infront of the mirror was not me. Her hair was styled perfectly and she was wearing a beautiful white wedding dress.

Her face was covered in light make up, she look beautiful and stunning at the same time. That person was me yet not.

"You look wonderful Rain." An unknown voice said entering the room.

"He-ea-ther?"

A gasp escaped my lipstick coated lips as I saw who it was.

There stood my second eldest sister in a sky blue mermaid dress that hung her all in the right places. She looked gorgeous and more grown up. Her chocolate brown eyes held many different emotions.

Heather was my best friend, and her being here at this moment had meant alot to me. I had so many questions to ask my sister and yet so many things to tell her.

These past two weeks have been quite hectic for me. Two of eating nothing but vegetables and water. It was mother's way of making me thinner. And I quote 'men like women with thin figures.'

Two weeks of mother's training of me becoming a submissive and good wife as if I wasn't taught that already.

All this was torture. I've lost weight, not that I had any to begin with.

In this period of two weeks I tried asking mother about my soon to be family and she only gave short answers like,

~They will treat you well, if you obey and listen.

~You'll never be poor or struggle in poverty.

Today was the day of the wedding. Too fast right, I know.

"I can't do it Heather, I'm too young, I still have my whole life ahead of me." I said as tears fell silently.

"No, you can't say that Rain it's too late now. You don't know these people." She said seriously.

"What do you mean?"

I needed to know more since mother wouldn't say anything even after a thousand times of asking. Heather sucked in a deep breath and looked at me.

"You too precious and naive for this cruel world Rain. Stay strong and don-"

Before she could finish, mother and father interrupted us and came in the suite we were in.

The Moretti's had booked a hotel for the wedding and only family and friends were present. The venue was beautiful and the person who organised it had good taste.

"Hello mother, father." Heather greeted politely.

Father scowled and scoffed while mother returned the greeting with a small forced smile.

"Usually I wouldn't do such, but today I will try be nice to both of you." Mother said.

I almost scoffed and rolled my eyes at her but I didn't dare.

"It's almost time." Father spoke up.

Upon hearing this my shoulders tensed. Heather couldn't stand the atmosphere and went to join the other guests while I stayed with mother and father. My nerves were sky rocketing, I was sure I was going to puke there and then.

Mother brought me out of my terrace by handing me a red velvet box. I gave her a questioning look and she said.

"It's a gift from the Don.... I meant your husband."

Inside were a pair of very beautiful diamond earrings, I stared in awe. I asked one of the make up assistant's to help me put them on as my parents made no attempt to help me.

As I turned back to look at my parents, they were gone and a  Greek god stood in their place.