10. Under The Moonlight

The first week of November was busy for both Hoseok and Yoongi. On Saturday were planned first seasonal swimming championships that would be held in their high school. The swim team was practicing more than usual during the whole week and Hoseok was the most dedicated among others. He usually was the first to arrive at swimming pool immediately after the classes, and the last person to leave.

The very next day, on Sunday, the school bands all around the Seoul would perform their hits in front of a big audience consisting of other students, their friends and family members and what's even more important, representatives of entertainment agencies who are looking for talented young people. So that was a big day for every student who dreamed to achieve at least anything in this field.

"Bulletproof" decided to perform "Fake Love", one of their best songs. Although the bands were not technically competing with each other, everyone was going to do their best to get noticed and others knew it. So the boys were rehearsing all the free time after school. One song on repeat, over and over again. But none of them complained because they knew it would pay off on Sunday.

On Friday, Hoseok had final swimming practice. The coach let the boys go around 8 pm and commanded them to properly relax. Tired team members went to locker room and started chatting. However, Hoseok decided not to interfere in the conversation. The brunette just sat on the bench wrapped in a huge towel and was looking somewhere lost in his thoughts. Seokjin found that weird. After putting on his clothes, Jin sat next to Hoseok.

"You are supposed to change into dry clothes and go home." He prompted the younger who finally snapped out of daydreaming. His eyes focused on Jin.

"What did you say, hyung?" He asked Jin.

"I said that I'm taking you home, you can't be trusted the day before championship. I know how hard on yourself you can be." He tried to drag the smaller boy off the bench but Jin's strength turned out not to be enough. "Are glued there Hobi? Just stand up, I'm not leaving you here." He said a bit angrily after failing to lift the younger up.

"Don't worry Jin-hyung, I'll go home later I just want to practice a little bit more." Hoseok hated lying, but he knew that if he didn't reassure Jin that he was fine, the older wouldn't leave him alone.

"For god's sake stop talking nonsense! You're the last person among all of us who needs additional practice. So, move your pretty ass until I'm in a good mood."

"I feel that if I don't improve my streamline we will be screwed up tomorrow. I promise, I won't take too long." Hoseok used all his charms to persuade his friend.

"Ugh, fine. But if you overdo and won't be in your best shape tomorrow, you'll regret." He said in half-threatening and half-joking way making the younger smile at his words.

When Jin and others had finally left, Hoseok dove into the pool. The second he was completely surrounded by water he felt freedom and comfort.

No one knew how much swimming meant to Jung Hoseok. Not a single soul was aware that the boy loved being under the water because there he was completely isolated from the outer world and the pain that it usually caused him. Barely would anyone suspect that the boy who always smiles, isn't happy in reality.

Parents' death was a turning point in Hoseok's life. He lost not only his loving mom and dad but his precious sister as well. Home didn't feel as home anymore. It became cold mansion where Hoseok hated to return after school. Well, at least until he started working on a project with Yoongi.

Hoseok smiled at the thought of the older. The brunette was floating on the water surface thinking about Yoongi. The grumpy silver haired boy definitely made his life more colorful. Only with Yoongi Hoseok had desire to be himself and drop that smiling face. When they were together it felt euphoric. Hoseok had many friends but none of them made him feel the way Yoongi did and he was enjoying it.