24 | all went wrong

Kyle 

I was shaken awake. 

"Come on, Kyle, wake up!" 

I groaned. My head was pounding and my mouth felt like it was full of cotton. I was pushing my limit without a recent fix and I was approaching a hell of a time. I peeled my eyes open and met Tommy's gaze above me, "Fuck, what do you want?" 

"Rowan and Charly are missing," Tommy informed me, and then he moved out of my field of vision. 

"Ah, fuck," I threw an arm over my eyes, "If she ran, let her. I'm not gonna chase her, it's actually good riddance because she was really getting on my nerves." 

I heard Tommy shuffling around before he said, "She didn't run." 

"Well, that's just great news, thanks. I hate you for ruining my day," I groaned and then rolled onto my side, "How do you know she didn't?" 

He pointed at something on the floor. "Because her backpack is still here," He paused, "And so is Rowan's. They would have taken them if they were running." 

He had a point. I wouldn't run without my backpack either. 

"Maybe they went for breakfast, I don't fucking know," I said. I didn't really care either. 

"Why do you hate your sister so much?" 

His abrupt question caught me off guard, and I sputtered, "What the fuck?" Then, I swallowed, and sat up, "Why does it matter?" 

Tommy shrugged, "I don't really know, you guys have some deeply pitted hate. I guess I just want to know why." 

I rubbed the back of my neck, irritated, "Look, we used to go to daycare together and she was a fucking demon. She kept getting me in trouble and then they would tell my dad and he would beat me at home." 

"How old were you?" Tommy asked, though his gaze had softened. Almost as if he understood. 

"A fucking toddler, I dunno. Three or four, maybe five," I shrugged, "It was a shitty childhood and she fucked it up even more."

"What was her childhood like?" 

I paused. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't actually know. Had I even questioned it before? No. I looked back at Tommy, and said,  "I don't know, I haven't seen her since daycare." 

"Maybe you should stop making assumptions about her then," Tommy suggested, "I don't think you guys actually know anything about each other."

 I rubbed a hand down my face, "How the hell would you actually know? Huh? They're my siblings, not yours. I would fucking know." 

Tommy stopped searching the room for something and stared me dead in the eye, "I highly doubt that right now." Then, he headed for the door, "They can't be far." 

"You're going to look for them?" I asked in disbelief. "Just wait, they'll turn up." 

"They could be in trouble," Tommy opened the motel door and grabbed the keys, "Have you forgotten you pissed off a whole gang?" 

"Shit," I groaned but I got up and followed him outside. The sun had just started peeking over the distant hilltop and I squinted in discomfort. My eyes were really sensitive to light and I knew why. I hated that I couldn't control my addiction even if I wanted to. 

Luck was on our side because not even five seconds after Tommy and I had left the motel room, we heard Charly screaming. It wasn't hard to follow her voice because it was close by.