23: The Project: VA

Third Person POV

The next day Jungkook had to go to the Lee Tech again. He got ready and was in the Lee Tech by 11:15.

" I came here to inspect the project before signing it." Jungkook said to the receptionist who nodded and called her boss immediately.

" Mr. Jeon!! It's a pleasure to see you here again. I was waiting for your arrival." It was Mr. Lee. Jungkook had an urge to roll his eyes just at the man's existence but tried to stop himself from doing so.

" Same here Mr. Lee. Let's not waste our time and directly go and see the project, shall we?" Jungkook asked professionally and Mr. Lee nodded.

" Sure Mr. Jeon. Follow me." Lee said.

He led Jungkook to a big production house, where they were making the circuit board of the mobile. He toured him around the different sections of the production house, where different parts of the mobile were made.

" Now you may think that we are making a simple mobile. But no, there is more to that. Each and every part of the mobile is attached to an assistant. Like for example, you have your own assistant who manages some work. The same way, the mobile has an assistant which is connected to the internal part of the mobile." Lee said.

Then he took him to an elevator. They were going underground. G1, G2, G3...The lift was going down and down and then finally it came to a stop.

And then they entered the place where the most important process of the project was going on. The making of the assistants.

" Welcome to the real part of the project. The virtual assistant." That was the project name. 'The Virtual Assistant'.

" The parts of the mobile are directly connected to the assistant according to the number." He said and toured Jungkook around the place. Jungkook felt bad. He felt like crying when he saw lifeless bodies on which they were experimenting. Some weird thing was attached to their heads.

" This is our assistant No. 48, the newest piece. He will be connected with piece 48 of our mobile." Lee said. Jungkook gulped so that he won't stutter.

" But how will you know that they are working or not? Do you even know if this is successful or not?" Jungkook asked him, trying his best to act professional.

" Some of our experiments worked well. We tried to experiment on them. From no. 9 to 15, all of them were successfully created. Since then we are using the same trick to make them. But from No. 16, we didn't have a few parts to complete the whole set. We need to order it from Russia but the thing is very costly to buy." He said.

" Then what about the first 8?" Jungkook asked.

" Unfortunately, they died." Lee said as they continued walking further and further. " See Mr. Jeon, there are certain processes through which we have to go through to make the assistant. Scanning, then putting the chip, brain control, coding and connecting it to the mobile. It takes a lot of time to do that and in this process, the body might stop to react and stop it's true functions. That's why they died." He said as if it was quite alright to do this.

Jungkook was trying to find Taehyung's body. But he couldn't find it anywhere.

" Hmm...and may I know why humans are being used? You know Mr. Lee if we get caught, it can be really bad to not only you, but also us." Jungkook said. He mentally patted himself for acting like a real CEO of some company.

" We tried to make computerized assistants, Mr. Jeon. They work well but lack in one thing. Emotions. They talk and act like a robot. So what is the difference between an in-built assistant and our virtual assistant? No one will buy it like that. So we tried to make an assistant which will show emotions. And who can do emotions better than a human!?" Lee chuckled and bought him to a room where he could tell him about the project better.