28: communication problems

Y/N POV:
I stretch my limbs as I sit up. I rub my eyes before I open them and see Barbs posters. I blush as I think of last night and look to my side. Barb is sprawled out and her arm was in my lap. I freak out... quietly. I kick and clench my jaw as I smile, but I quickly take a deep breath and remove her hand. She snores loudly before she keeps sleeping. I slip out of the bed and tuck Barb back into her comforter. I jump around in glee but I hear Barb turn and I stop immediately. I sneak out and look one last time at Barb before I close the door. When I turn around I fully freak out. I tip tap around with my toes and squeal gleefully. Then I start happy dancing in the hallway, singing a tune. I spin and only stop when I see a familiar face... king Thrash. I stop immediately.
-Hi, I wave awkwardly.
-Had any fun? He asks and chuckles.
-Well... yes...? I answer, wondering what he exactly meant by "fun". He chuckles.
-Can you cook eggs? He asks and rolls towards me and we head towards the kitchen.
-Uh yeah? I ask.
-Fried? He asks back.
-Sure, I say.

Barb POV:
I stretch and groan. I squint my eyes open and see that Y/N's already left, but a nice familiar smell hit my face. I notice that I'm tucked in nicely, unlike how I fell asleep. I confusedly until close myself and hop into some shorts before I stretch and head towards the nice smell. I step into the kitchen and see dad and Y/N laughing along and I immediately wake up. Y/N sees me and smiles secretly.
-G'morning rockstar, dad says.
-Mornin' dad, I greet and sit down at the high table. It turns quiet and me and Y/N share a look.
-Oh! I made eggs! Y/N says and picks up a plate of eggs and bacon.
-I-Uh... thanks, I say and accept the plate.
-Do you want soooome.... Y/N goes to the fridge and ponders. I can't help but to look at her curves as she leans and I try to look up at her face but I am constantly reminded of her body and I- Y/N slams the fridge and holds up two drinks.
-Orange juice or grape blast juice? Y/N asks and then smirks knowingly, giving my dad the juice carton and grabs a glass and pours me some orange juice. My dad happily wiggles as he drinks his grape blast.
-Thanks, I smile and Y/N doesn't answer, just smiles back.

Y/N POV:
-Well younglins, I got a synth to pling on, you play it safe out there, King Thrash waves goodbye and leaves me and Barb in the kitchen.
-Bye dad, Barb waves him goodbye.
-Bye! I say. Barb looks after her dad as he leaves. Barb finished eating so I sneakily take her plate. The scraping disturbs her and and she looks at me.
-Thanks, she says and smiles. I put her plate and fork into the washing machine and as I pull out the next level of the machine I see Barb in my side eye. She is slowly drinking the last of her juice and eyeing me... well... a special part of me... I turn my head away and grin to myself before I suck it up and stand up. I go back to grab the glass but I lean in close. I feel her tense up and I lean towards her ear.
-I saw that... I say as I take her glass and walk back to the washing machine. Barb starts stammering and I smile smugly to myself.

As I close the machine I get a text. I pick up my phone and see that it's from Poppy. I open my phone and read it.
-Huh, I look at my phone.
-What's up? Barb asks.
-Poppy wants to hold a birthday party for tiny diamond, I say.
-Wait tiny diamond? What's a tiny diamond? Barb asks.
-You know that glittery guy? Yeah that's guy diamond, I say.
-So tiny diamond is...? Barb asks.
-his son, I say.
-Oh... oh ok, Barb says.
-Yeah. The party's tonight and she wants me to be there since... well I am his aunt, I say and text her that I'll be there.
-Wait you're related? Barb asks.
-What? No no no, I named him, I explain.
-You named him "tiny"? Barb laughs.
-Oh it's a nice name, shut up Barbara, I joke and we laugh.
-No... you know what, Barbara is a nice name... maybe Barbie will do me one better, I say.
-You're not calling me that, Barb points at me and I receive a new text from Barb.
-Hey you wanna come? I ask her.
-I Uh, yeah sure. I can come tonight I gotta help Riff with his college thing first, Barb says.
-Great, I'll take a motorbeetle and get going... see you there? I say awkwardly.
-Uh- yeah of-of course, Barb stammers and we don't know if we should hug or for me to just leave. So we do that crazy dance. That crazy weird dance that people do when they're stuck in an uncomfortable position. So in the end we just hug and I leave. As soon as I get behind a corner, I stop.
-God that was embarrassing, I whisper to myself before I go get dressed for the party.