44: liar liar

Y/N POV:
-Hey babe, we got some mail! It's from Bergen town! Barb shouts as she comes into the room and plops onto the bed next to me.
-Ooooo what does it say? I ask excitedly as Barb rips up the envelope. She reads it quietly to herself.
-It's just a open dinner invite, she says.
-We still have to go, I say.
-Of course! Duh! She says and I laugh.
-When is it? I ask.
-This weekend, she says as she reads.
-Alright! Better get outfit planning. What's the event? I ask as I stand up and Barb sits down and starts typing on her phone.
-Barb? I ask as she doesn't answer me.
-Hmmm? She answers.
-What's the event? I laugh.
-Oh Uhm... she reads.
-Seems like nothing, she says casually.
-What? King Gristle throws a party and there's no event? Let me see that, I say and walk forward to read the invitation but Barb jumps up and puts it in the soda glass filled with stale old Pepsi.
-Barb? I Yelp in surprise.
-Sorry! She apologizes.
-Ok... let me just call Branch and Poppy to see if they know something, I say.

-Heyyyy Y/N! Branch answers.
-Have you guys gotten the invitation to Bergen town? I ask as I hold my phone to my ear as I look at my fanciest clothes.
-Uh yeah he actually asked me to send them, Brqnch sounds off.
-Ok? Then what's the event? I ask.
-King Gristle just wanted a dinner with all the troll royals, he says and laughs awkwardly.
-Huh? That's so not like him, I say and turn to Barb with some dresses and she is nervously biting her finger.
-Yeah I-I know but hey who's to stop him, he says.
-Yeah I suppose, I say.
-Anyways I gotta go! Bye! Branch says.
-B- he manages to hang up before I finish the word.
-...ye? I say and then hang up.

-Why are you guys so weird today? I ask.
-Or am I weird? I don't know, anyways why? I ask again.
-Weird? Pfff I don't think you're- I mean I'm weird, Barb says.
-Ok stop, you're freaking me out, I laugh.
-Which dress? I ask and throw them out on the bed.
-Well you know I do like you in red, she winks and I roll my eyes.
-I gotta call my nail girl. If there's no event then I'll have to make it one, I say and start texting my nail girl.
-You're always the event, Barb crawls over and kisses me on the cheek.
-Thank you my love, I say and kiss her back.

Two days later, Barbs POV:
-Barb! Barb, Barb, Barb, Barb! I hear Y/N come running at me. I turn around and she comes running at me in full speed.
-So you know how I just got my nails done for the dinner tomorrow? She asks.
-Uh huh? I ask amused.
-I think I've figured out what the event might be and why both you and Branch have been acting so weird! She says.
-Ok? I laugh, knowing there's absolutely no way she knows what the dinner is for.
-Branch is going to propose to Poppy, she whispers and I choke on my own saliva.
-I'm just a little disappointed that you didn't include me in your plan making, she says.
-Wait, how did you come to the conclusion that it's an engagement party? I ask as I cough.
-Well between the two of you Branch has been acting the weirdest. And Branch also sent out the invitations. He also likes things to be more private and the invitations were only sent out to royalty and Poppy's closest friends and dad, she explains and my jaw just hangs open.
-Soooo have you seen the ring yet? She leans in.
-uhm no, Branch wants it to be a secret, Barb says.
-Are you kidding me? I'm THE best secret keeper trolldom has ever seen, she says and I smile.
-Sure, I say sarcastically and she playfully shoves me.
-I gotta go wash my hair, but I'll be talking to Branch about this when I'm done, she says and kisses me on the cheek before she walks away. As a son as I hear the door close I fumble up my phone from my pocket and text Branch.
-Bro just so u know Y/N thinks this is an engagement party for u and Popcorn, I write.
-Ok and what did you tell her? He answers.
-...That u haven't sent me a pic of the ring yet, I reply.
-WHAT? He sends back.
-I'm sorry dude but she was so proud of herself for figuring it out! I defend.
-That's why we don't act on feeling, he sends.
-Says u, the man who's about to be engaged ;), I send back and laugh at all the med emojis Branch is sending.

The next day, Y/N POV:
We arrive in Bergen town and make our way into the castle.
-Oooo I'm so excited! I whisper.
-Me too, Barb says.
-Hey guys! Poppy greets us in the dining hall and I run up to her and hug her with all of my might.
-I've missed you! I say.
-I've missed you too! She says and we give each other one last squeeze before we let go. Over Poppys shoulder I spot Branch. I go up to him and hug him.
-Good luck tonight, I say and when I let go I wink quickly and Branch just gulps. I watch as Barb greets them too before we walk towards our seats, greeting the other royalties on the way.
-Have you seen the ring yet? I ask Barb who freezes up a bit.
-Uh, no still- still a secret, she laughs off and I shrug. This must be a very special evening so I'll do anything to not stand in the spotlight too much.

-Hey Y/N! I hear and Cooper is heading for me.
-Cooper! I say back and hug him.
-How are you feeling? About all of this? He asks, making his twin perk up.
-Well I think it's really sweet of Branch to invite everybody, I say in a hushed voice.
-Why are we whispering? Cooper whispers back to me. Suddenly Prince D comes up and hit Cooper slightly in the side.
-Ow! Cooper winces.
-What do you mean why am I whispering? They're right there, I say and I Abe my head towards Branch and Poppy who are flirting at the snacks table still.
-Wha... OOOOHHHHH! Cooper says as he looks between me and Prince D.
-Yeah, pfff, I knew that, he then says and I hush him.
-We'll see you later, Y/N, Prince D says and escorts his brother away. I then sit back down next to Barb.
-That was weird? I say to myself.
-What was weird? Poppy asks as she sits down on my other side.
- Oh nothing, just thinking to myself you know, I say sheepishly.
-Oh I get that. Sometimes I mumble out weird stuff too, Poppy waves off. I turn to Barb and make an "almost caught" face.

I hear someone lightly hit a glass with a 'klink' sound and we turn to King Gristle who is the one holding the glass and spoon.
-Hello guests and friends! Welcome to this very special dinner! He announces.
-See, I told you there was an event, I whisper to Barb, why just grins at me.
-Everybody knows why we're here today... everyone except one of you, he says excitedly and people "ooh" at his statement. Spotlights start traveling around the room and I clap my hands excitedly and I keep sneaking glances at Poppy. But suddenly the lights turn to me.
-What? No no, that's Poppy, I say and laugh awkwardly and point to my sister. I look at her and she shakes her head.
-No Y/N, look! Barb says and I look to where she's pointing. There's a big banner rolling down with my record labels' name on it.
-Congratulations Y/N for 2000 sales of new records! King Gristle says and everyone stands up and applauds for me. I just sit there, staring at the trolls around me. Barb helps me stand up but I still do not really comprehend what's happening.
-This was all a surprise for you Poprock! Barb says and then the waterworks turn on.
-Awww guys, I say say before I earn a big hug from Poppy.
-Thank you so much, I sniffle.
-Dang it I'm ruining my makeup, I say and stop my tears from smudging my mascara. Everyone chuckles at my statement and Poppy let's go off me.
-I'm so proud of you babes, Barb says and hugs me even tighter then Poppy did.
-But the proposal...? I ask.
-I made that up so you wouldn't catch onto the real plan, she says and I slightly hit her as I let go from the hug.
-You lying fox, I laugh.
-Mhmm, but I'm your lying fox, she says before she pulls me in for a kiss.
-Ok guys let's not overdo this, King Gristle says with an awkward tone, making me and Barb separate.
Bridgette then comes skipping with an award in her hands.
-We had Trollex and Delta make this for you! It's out of a water rock! She says. I grab it and thank her immensely.
-Thank you all so much... I'm kind of embarrassed now, I say and everyone laughs again.
-Wow... I whisper to myself as I get pats on my back.