31: That's kinda.... Ya know

Y/N POV:
I watch as Pete throws the homophobic mob into jail and he dusts his hands off before he walks off and tips his hat to Delta.
-Well, that was great. How about we sit down and have a talk, hmmm? She asks and me and Barb look confused at her.
-About what? I ask.
-You'll see, Delta smiles and we follow her to her house.
Delta sits us down and pours us some tea before she sits down. The quietness in the room was solemn and I felt uneasy.
-So... this whole gay thing... how does it work? Delta asks.
-Well Uh.... Barb shrugs and looks at me.
-Like... how does two women make a relationship? I've never seen anything like it and I'm just so fascinated. Especially the way you handled the nay-sayers out there, Delta says.
-Well we have feelings for people and we had them for each other, I say.
-To be honest I've never been one for dudes anyways, Barb says and I gently nudge her in her side with a grin.
-Well... how? Delta says.
-I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean with how, Delta, I say.
-I've always been taught that relationships are in between man and woman. When I saw that you two were in a relationship I felt... relieved and I don't know why, Delta says.
-Well it was relieving for us too. We sat inside for almost a month with it as a secret. It was nice to come out, I says and Barb grabs my hand.
-I just always knew that I wanted to feel love and I didn't care for who, I continue and look at Barb.
-Well the reason I ask is because... we'll I've thinking that maybe I... I might... like girls, Delta says.
-Woah what? Barb asks astonished.
-Barb hush, let's hear her out, I stop my eager girlfriend.
-Well I've been thinking. And just like Barb said, I relate to the feeling of never feeling anything for boys- or I guess I could say males, Delta says.
-It's just been foreign to me... but I also slightly remember having a crush on my college roommate, delta laughs.
-It's weird, I know, she waves off.
-No Delta it's not! It's completely normal. You know, girls are pretty neat, Barb says.
-Well I don't know Barb, I just feel weird, Delta says.
-Well you do, at first. I didn't know I liked girls, really liked girls, until I met Barb, I say.
-If anything she was my gay awakening, I say.
-And I just knew I didn't wanna date a guy, Barb says.
-Well I'm just uncertain. I don't know what I like, Delta says defeated.
-Oh come on, of course you do. Come on, tell me someone you like a little extra, I urge.
-Well I do fancy that troll down at the boots store, Delta says awkwardly.
-Oh but she'll never go for little ol' me, she then waves off.
-Of course she will! What? Are you kidding us? Barb exclaims.
-Honestly if you weren't older than me I'd call you a gaybie, now come on I'll help you flirt with that boot girl, Barb says and stands up. I roll my eyes with a smile, knowing Barbs flirting could be a very hit or miss.

-Ok so listen, you walk in casually, telling her you want some new boots, Barb starts out.
-Well I don't need new boots? Delta says confused.
-Well she doesn't know that! Anyways, she'll help you and after a while you still haven't found a pair that you like and when she gives up, you ask her for her number, Barb says and Delta looks unimpressed at me.
-You went for that? She asks and points at Barb. I start laughing and Barb looks offended at me so I immediately stop.
-Listen Barb, it's real sweet that you're trying to help but I'm still figuring this whole thing out, Delta says and Barb sits back down.
-We understand, I say.
-Although there's not much to figure out... I don't like guys... at all actually... what's that called? Delta asks.
-Lesbian? I say, but it comes out as more of a question.
-That's it. I'm a lesbian, Delta says.
-That's great, I say.
-Welcome to the club then, Barb says.
-And just know if you ever need us, we're a phone call away, I say.
-Of course, thank you guys you're great. Promise me you'll be back soon and we can talk about girl stuff, she says.
-We will, I nod and Barb grabs my hand underneath the table.

We're heading home again, the afternoon has turned into early evening and we walk through the door of Barbs castle with huge yawns.
-Barb can we talk? I ask as we tiredly start heading to bed.
-Yeah sure, what's up babe? She asks and sits down on the bed and takes off her fishnets.
-You know when those protesters were yelling at us and you asked me if I'd leave you for that? I ask and hold my own stockings in my hand. I wring them nervously in my hands.
-Uh huh? What's about that? She asks and looks at me.
-Well I was actually... I was worried that you would give up on me, I say. She looks confusedly at me. I laugh sheepishly.
-I know it's stupid... just forget it, I say and put my clothes away before I sit down on the bed.
-No no, hey if I thought it, it's only natural that you did, Barb says and she scoots closer.
-Why would you think that? You know I have my reasons but ya know... Barb asks and looks at me. She looks at my face and at my furrowed brows and at my frown. I scoff to wave it off and look away. But when I look back, she's looking even more worried.
-Ok look, when I was little I had a boyfriend. What could we have been? Like 14-15 something. Anyways, we held hands on the schoolyard and then our friend group all turned on me because... because Poppy was my sister and we had dressed each other. And I wore bows in my hair, I say and laugh at the memory.
-They thought I was too girly for him because one time he had said that he liked girls that is one of the guys. So he left me because I had bows in my pigtails, I purse my lips.
-Although Poppy had matched them with a pair of flared jeans and dads old shirt, I say and Barb scoffs.
-Well he's an idiot... Although now I have someone to thank for this, Barb comments and I gently push her arm and giggle.
-Well I wouldn't leave you for any reason, she says.
-Well if you ever did it would have been for a reason, I point out and she rolls her eyes.
-Either way... I just realized that I know less about you than you do of me... I should ask you more stuff, Barb says and lays down, hands behind her head.
-Well we got the whole night... ask away, I say and Barb smiles.
-So about that boyfriend... Barb starts and sits back up.
-oh Barb! I say and shove her back down.